Thursday 29 April 2021

All booked up for my second vaccination!


For the first time in ages, I am feeling pretty cheerful. As a Manchester City fan, I had a very pleasant evening last night. After an awful first half, City put in an amazing performance in the second half. There is a reasonable possibility that the final will be an all English affair, with Chelsea also getting a great result. The country feels like it is on the up after a torrid year

It has been a pretty full on day. The studios have finally picked up and  we've had 24 sessions today. This is good because it means I'm busy all day and don't have too much time for blogging. As 11 of our fifteen staff members are furloughed, I have to do most of the work, but we are bringing one back tonight and are hopeful that after 17th May, we can bring most of the team back to work. We've had some pretty legendary artists in this week, with eleven no 1 singles between them, all starting to get ready for shows next month.  Our business relies on professional musicians working, so this has to be an excellent sign.

I was just sitting down for my lunch when I got some great news. A text pinged up from the Millway Medical Practice telling me that I can book my 2nd dose of the Pfizer vaccine. I immediately called them. After a long message, I was told that I was in a queue and they'd call back. About 30 mins later, I was called and I am booked in for the 7th May. I could not be happier to have the second dose. 

I am sure that I am not the only person to be totally cheesed off with the current restrictions. I am also sure that most of us are awaiting the chance to sit inside a pub/club/restaurant with friends and just chill. It is not too long now. All I can really do is urge everyone to get vaccinated when it is offered. It really is the best way to ensure the restrictions are lifted. For the first time since 17th December, I will also be playing five a side football at Powerleague tonight. My knee has been playing me up, but over the last two days it has been fine. I won't push it, but I really feel the need to get out and do some proper exercise. I just hope I don't regret it later. 

No comments: