1. The chuffing sounds of a steam train disturbed the peace in Mill Hill yesterday. A fine sight to behold, sadly I was fast asleep!
Ex LMS Steam locomotive no 6233 came through Mill Hill at seven thirty this morning on a steam special #steam #locomotive #millhill many thanks David Burleigh pic.twitter.com/dbjnpFVUQE— Inside Mill Hill (@InsideMillHill) October 19, 2019
2. It has to be said that the Cricklewood Town team have done a marvellous job of sorting out the Cricklewood Village Green
Cricklewood Green looking lovely in the Autumn sunshine. The Town team do a great job keeping Cricklewood centre looking so clean and green! #assetofcommunityvalue pic.twitter.com/5xFeForSXw— Joanne Scott (@jscott110) October 19, 2019
3. This looks worth checking out if you are in Cricklewood and fancy a Céilítastic time!
Céilítastic times ahead on Sun 27 Oct with Parish Céilí Band at St Agnes's Centre, Cricklewood NW2 1DQ. No experience required, Val Knight on hand to explain some céilí and a couple of set dances. 3-6pm, All tix avail https://t.co/U19nOdpw0H #festival vid: https://t.co/6HcurZrheA pic.twitter.com/MHZ6vL1JpK— IMDL (@ReturntoCamden) October 20, 2019
4. We love a bit of Rock and Roll history!
Yup, paid my respects recently, up in East Finchley! pic.twitter.com/Ry6qsyUYGJ— Gavin Yamey (@GYamey) October 18, 2019
5. And the railway that might have been.....
OMG (as the kids no longer say) @ltmuseum Hidden London exhibition is one of the very best I’ve ever visited. Incredible stories, innovate staging and fascinating facts about the disused, abandoned & unbuilt Underground. Tube to Bushey, anyone ? pic.twitter.com/eURjkDn41K— 20th Century Posters (@C20thPosters) October 19, 2019
6. The Guardian featured Hendon Cinema this week
The Guardian on the Classic Cinema at Hendon Central:— Mill Hill Hist Soc (@MHHistSoc) October 20, 2019
"the cavernous, sticky-carpeted suburban picture house...a gloomy place...where England's roiling petit-bourgeoisie nursed their aspirations and worked on their dreams."https://t.co/n34DRYnnf7 pic.twitter.com/zxS0ZByo88
7. Our friends at Mill Hill Rugby club would like your help!
Follow the link to vote for our coach. 🙏🏻 https://t.co/Hkh4V1VXSK— Mill Hill RFC Mixed Ability Team (@MillRfc) October 20, 2019
8. Want to hear some quality Jazz this week?
9. This is a lovely tweet! Very missedThe Simon Whiteside "Octoboptet" - 23rd October -— Mill Hill Jazz Club (@millhilljazz) October 18, 2019
"Octoboptet" - gotta be good with a name like that.
Simone Whiteside, pianist, composer, arranger and musical director brings this swinging, jiving and bopping eight hander to MHJC for a right old knees up tonight. Plz RT.
#AlwaysInOurHearts - 32 years ago today, on 19. 10. 1987, the great Jacqueline du Pré left this world.— Paul Rah (@pcellor) October 19, 2019
Her final resting place is at Golders Green Cemetery in London.
Fittingly, a beautiful shrub of the Jacqueline du Pré rose accompanies her grave. #JacquelineduPre #InMemoriam pic.twitter.com/SCG2y5aejr
10. And finally, a date for your diary!
Less than 2 weeks to go until our 40th Birthday party at the @AdamAndEveNW7 - All for free, it will be an amazing night, join us for some awesome music from two of the finest bands in the locality! Fri 1st November from 8pm - Rog T's ska/reggae DJ set as well, for a boogie! pic.twitter.com/tBl9o6j8S4— MillHillMusicComplex (@MillHillMusicCo) October 20, 2019
That's all folks!!!!!