So what have our local tweeters been up to this week? What has been happening in our corner of paradise?
1. I always find this sort of local story fascinating
Over £200,000 of 'criminal' cash found inside husband and wife's Edgware homehttps://t.co/4bDTUXoGBF— My London (@myldn) September 20, 2020
2. Nice to see there is some culture locally!
Almost exactly six months to the day since I last saw a show I’m at the Bothy Garden in Finchley for RENAISSANCE. That was a long 6 months! pic.twitter.com/yNPAFwO3ZT— NBM Ltd (@nelsonbrowne) September 19, 2020
3. The highlight of Clarence Mitchell's career IMHO was when he wrote the local music column in the Barnet Times! Here is a slightly less well known story he coverd ;) He's a good guy, always very supportive of local bands
As one of the very few reporters allowed into 195 Melrose Ave during the police dig, I can say that #Des @itv was superb. @David_Tennant, @DanielMays9, @Jason__Watkins deserve all the plaudits they’re getting. Only surprising tiny error by producers. Cricklewood is NW2, not N2... pic.twitter.com/S1BljrpurS— Clarence Mitchell (@mitch_1uk) September 20, 2020
4. This is a story we've been following in this feature for far too long. It seems like there is some news
It's been a long time since I tweeted about the Railway Hotel, Edgware. That's because nothing had happened with it. However, today I saw that it's TO LET.— Mark Amies (@Superfast72) September 19, 2020
#railwayhoteledgware@Barneteye @RogerProtzBeer @NLondonCAMRA @PubsSaving @ProtectPubs @greeneking @Fullers @YoungsPubs pic.twitter.com/nMXj6NcupM
5. Seems like some repairs are urgently needed to Edgwares roads
This is the standard of the carriageway at the junction if Broadfields Avenue and Hale Lane in Edgware. I ride a bike with 16” wheels and today I nearly lost it, this road is disgraceful, how are you going to get people onto bicycle if you don’t maintain the roads @BarnetCouncil pic.twitter.com/1YRDdVlUqf— Inside Mill Hill (@InsideMillHill) September 18, 2020
6. How are your fruit and veg doing? Donalds are looking in fine fettle!
7. This is a very sad reminder of the loss of agenius
#OTD 1977 ⚰️ The funeral of #MarcBolan is conducted at Golders Green Crematorium.— 🅱️RIFF🅰️ (@goonerbeau) September 20, 2020
Rod Stewart, Eric Clapton and David Bowie attend.
Partner, Gloria Jones, hospitalized after the accident, was not to find out about Marc’s death until the following day. pic.twitter.com/V7cdr2HPgQ
8. Need a test, you can get one today at Brent Cross if you hurry
The mobile COVID-19 testing unit returns to #Barnet today and tomorrow. It will be at Brent Cross Shopping Centre between 10.30am-3.30pm today and on Sunday 20 September.— Barnet Council #StayAlert (@BarnetCouncil) September 19, 2020
Learn more: https://t.co/3XWXqmTlLs pic.twitter.com/ll9NKQgCaP
We love the colours on Mill Hill Park at this time of the year. pic.twitter.com/RBUfIJD7Bu— A Better Mill Hill (@ABetterMillHill) September 14, 2020
10. Support your local artists. Why not commission a work? Our local music studios have
That's all folks!