By the way, I was harangued earlier this week for choosing "Bland, non political tweets for my selection". This is a deliberate policy. Sunday is my day off from Politics and the day when I choose to look for what is interesting in Barnet beyond such issues. It is a chance to give a platform to a few great organisations and to give a little window into what tickles our fancy as a community. If anyone wants to see a roundup of political tweets, then why not start your own blog and do it! Don't moan about my personal choices!
1. How could I possibly start with any other tweet this week!
2. Mark Amies AKA Superfast72 has been working like a Trojan to Save The Railway in Edgware. He deserves our support. Follow this man on Twitter!
@EdgwareRailway @Barneteye @BrokenBarnet @jscott110 @HE_LondonAdvice @C20Society What appears to very quick remedial redecorating taking place at #railwayhoteledgware - I'm not sure if those painted devices are true to the original colours, look a bit on the lurid side. pic.twitter.com/vGKIARFPW4— Mark Amies (@Superfast72) September 29, 2018
3. This really has broken my heart. An amazing local shop, run by great guys. I am so angry that a greedy Landlord could do this
Thanks guys,Last day is Saturday,😢after 38 years— Cooksleys Butchers (@CooksleyButcher) September 28, 2018
Due to a proposed rental Increase of £10k (back dated 3 years) and exorbitant rates . Many thanks to all our loyal customers 😍 #EnoughIsEnough
4. This is a sentiment we thoroughly agree with
You really can’t beat a walk across Arrendene on a crisp Autumnal morning pic.twitter.com/UQP3OcC8YT— A Better Mill Hill (@ABetterMillHill) September 24, 2018
5. There may be some of our readers in Burnt Oak who would wish to be aware of this. Basically it is called conning the public.
We would like to make you aware that Kabul Bazaar of 150 Burnt Oak Broadway, Edgware HA8 0AX is NOT CERTIFIED by HMC.— Halal Monitoring (@HMC_UK) September 26, 2018
Unfortunately, they have displayed the HMC logo without our prior approval. Please be aware. pic.twitter.com/0QbYYOdXqE
6. I think we can safely say that Joseph enjoyed his Salted Egg Yolk Molten Lava Buns. Maybe I may try them later!
Went to @bangbangoriental in Colindale today and had Salted Egg Yolk Molten Lava Buns. 🌋👌🏼 https://t.co/BvOfAfxVXz pic.twitter.com/QCJLERq1Av— Joseph Critchley (@josephcritchley) September 29, 2018
7. Click the link and checkout these amazing causes
Could you spare some money to help a project that will improve your local area?— Barnet Council (@BarnetCouncil) September 30, 2018
If so, check out the grassroots initiatives that need support & do your bit to make our borough a better place: https://t.co/OZ2ygwUa2Y#barnet #millhill #edgware #finchley #hendon #northlondon pic.twitter.com/xGfMHw4TaW
8. Fancy an evening of conceptual absurdity in Finchley? Check this out now!
The plays in our Evenings of Conceptual Absurdity are:— A&BDrama (@ab_drama) September 27, 2018
"What you Got Here" & "The Little Garden of Eden" by Tadeusz Różewicz
"Communication", "The King", "Lost and Found" & "Nothing to be Done" by Martin Szalla
"The Reunion" by Richard Fitchett
"Door to Door" by Tom Jensen pic.twitter.com/dWfiu0nAfA
9. Sadly no marrows on show, but there is a rather fetching Vole and a rather georgeous Jay
Found this cute bank vole on Saturday, plenty of orb spiders, a female common blue & this desiccated jay carcass! @savebutterflies @Britnatureguide @FinchleyHort @FinchleySociety @hellofinchley @FinchleyNursery @LondonNPC @WildLondon @stephenshouse @iGiGL @__Revel @Barnet_FoE pic.twitter.com/EGI5JiQfUR— Long Lane Pasture (@LLPasture) September 15, 2018
10. And finally, we hope to see you all next Saturday at this event. I'll be manning the sound system between 3-4pm, so please come along and say Hi
Full line up for music added to Grange Big Local Fun Palace #funpalaces @grangebl @kidwondr @artagainstknives @benteki_ @soto_cic @theAutistiX @pannusf10 @millhillmusicco @barnetlibraries https://t.co/ODx2RJLnjv via @funpalaces— Julia Hines (@JuliaHines) September 27, 2018
That's all folks!