Hello Friends and Supporters of Midland Hotel Pub, NW4
Hope that all is very well with you.
Your full and timely support for The Midland Pub has helped save our beloved pub from demolition in 2018.
We have been asked to share this news about proposed developments in The Burroughs and Church End NW4 and to seek your support if you are interested/affected.
1. This website explains the imminent threat of losing our Grade 2 listed HENDON PUBLIC LIBRARY as Barnet's flagship library; it is to be gutted, extended to join with a new building at the rear and leased out to Middlesex University as their business school.
It also explains why the Hendon Hub scheme's extensive building and expansion proposals are harmful and how residents have not been listened to regarding the future of the area.
2. This Facebook page is dedicated to the efforts to SAVE THE LIBRARY and to SCALE DOWN THE DEVELOPMENTS so that it protects the heritage, character and community of the area and beyond.
Some of you may already be in this group. You can see updates on what is happening in the civic centre of Barnet and follow the action.
3. This link is for crowdfunding to pursue the legal challenge that was initiated by Hendon residents on 12 August 2021 to take Barnet Council to court.
Any donation, no matter the size, will be greatly appreciated to take the challenge to the next stage.
The target to raise in the NEXT TWO WEEKS is £20k for this stage.
4. This link is for T shirt sales to help with the legal challenge costs and to raise awareness of the Hendon Hub issues.
5. This link is for the Save Hendon Library petition which will remain active till the time Barnet Council moves it out to temporary accommodation.
We really hope that, after looking through these informative links, you can support by donating and sharing this community action with family and friends.
Helping with this action will also mean that when we need help to save the pub, we have another group of residents ready to support us.
THANK YOU FOR READING.
If you do not wish to be contacted regarding the Hendon Hub matters, please reply to this email to have your email removed.
Midland Hotel Community Group