Wednesday 25 October 2017

The Wednesday Poem #31 - PC bingo!

Two fat ladies - 88
You can't say that, sorry mate,
Dirtie Gertie, number 30,
Poor old Gertrude finds that hurty!
The Lords my Shepherd- 23
Sends Richard Dawkins off his tree
Gandhis Breakfast number 80
Now your getting slightly racist
A meal for two - 69
Dear oh dear, that's not fine!
Stop work - 65
Not the case if your still alive!

When I was a wee nipper, I used to love bingo on Clacton pier. The Bingo Masters lingo fascinated me. I don't know if it was because I was dyslexic, but I never realised the reason for the nicknames for the numbers. I just thought it was a secret code and that bingo Masters were members of some strange, pseudo Masonic organisation with its own peculiar language.

I'd be intrigued to know if the lingo is still used.








No comments: