My week? One of disappointments especially with regards to football. Manchester City were abysmal against Southampton, the Hadly FC's game was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch. I also learned during the Manchester Derby that I no longer understand the offside rule. We had a decent recording session with The False Dots, we've got a spiffing new song called "The sexy sci fi sirens of the seventies", which is a bit of a mash up of Glam Rock and the Cramps, with a bit of an R Dean Taylor vibe going on. Last night I had my first beer and curry of the year, just a couple. It was very pleasant.
That's enough of me. How was your week? This is what the Tweeters of the Borough have been up.
1. Lets start in Burnt Oak, with a word of thanks to a much loved retiring local PC
Popped in before her last shift in Burnt Oak to say a big thank you to Amanda for her dedication and partnership in the ward. PCSOs are such a vital part of working with and for local communities. pic.twitter.com/qiVI1scwvs— Sara Conway (@Sara_Conway3) January 13, 2023
2. If you are a football player or fan, this is the sight you hate most! All week you look forward to the match, then this happens. In some ways it's worse than . I hope that Cricklewood WFC had a better Saturday afternoon than I did!
3. Can you chip in a few pennies to help.
We are half way there!— Cricklewood Muslim Youth Trust (@Cmyt_Bookshop) January 14, 2023
£1005 raised so far. Let's keep pushing in shaa Allah may Allah bless and reward you https://t.co/hrXupBvgEs
4. And whilst we are in Cricklewood. I love the work of Reel Streets
'Dangerous Davies: the Last Detective' recalls the case of Lucy Aston as she climbs onto her bicycle In front St. Gabriel's Vicarage on St. Gabriel's Road in Cricklewood NW2. pic.twitter.com/POo5ZvbxkL— ReelStreets (@ReelStreets) January 9, 2023
5. Have you got talent? HEre's your chance
Applications for "THE EAST FINCHLEY'S GOT TALENT SHOW!" are now OPEN!!— East Finchley Town Team (@eftownteam) January 15, 2023
2.30pm - 29th January 2023
• send your applications in and show us ALL what you've got LIVE on stage!!
Applications by 23 January with details (Name, age and your talent)
Send to: Efgottalent@gmail.com pic.twitter.com/4OLackbcji
6. HAve your say on the future of Finchley Lido
Have your say on the future of Finchley Lido Leisure Centre at Great North Leisure Park and the potential relocation to North Finchley Town Centre as part of placemaking and Town Centre development.— Barnet Council (@BarnetCouncil) January 15, 2023
Find out more and have your say by 23 January 2023:https://t.co/R4mp7Ej5op pic.twitter.com/XLaP11M698
7. A great thread from one of our regular top tweeters.
The A5 Edgware Road, once the road of hair care products.— NW London TimeMachine (@time_nw) January 15, 2023
Part One - Eugene Limited, makers of perming products. The 'permanent wave' became a must for fashionable women in the 1930s, as a result of Hollywood stars having the 'look'. pic.twitter.com/Xyq4M2fBkY
8. \Talking of @Time_NW, I think he'll enjoy this
Looks like part of the Finchley Rd Golders Green building may have survived pic.twitter.com/FVwCAoyMgY— Andrew Barrett (@andrewelan) January 10, 2023
9. Take care in Salcombe Gardens, NW7 - The Daleks have invaded!
Dalek in Mill Hill— Calvin Casino (@calvincasino) January 14, 2023
Last week Friday, I took the pictures of the Dalek in Salcombe Gardens, Mill Hill. 🙂😀 Good thing that I was not exterminated. 😅 The Doctor should really make a visit in Mill Hill, Barnet, North West London. #Dalek #MillHill #Barnet #DoctorWho #London pic.twitter.com/vSpFLlTVEb
10. Did you know about the much missed Jeff Beck RIP's links to Mill Hill
Jeff Beck RIP. Was reminded of when he performed Nadia with Swati Natekar, a regular at our studios. A perfect illustration of how versatile Jeff was and how he would always push the limits https://t.co/w4fyfGAyb5— #MillHillMusicComplex (@MillHillMusicCo) January 12, 2023
That's all folks!