Sunday 10 September 2023

The tweets of the week in the London Borough of Barnet 10th September 2023

 How has your week been? Mine has been OK, a very hot (as mentioned yesterday) but good rehearsal with The False Dots for our gig on Friday 15th. A thoroughly enjoyable trip to watch Hadley FC progress in the FA Trophy yesterday. Those were the highlights, but that's enough of me, what were our local tweeters up to. I hope you agree that this week we have a rather decent selection.

1. This caught my eye. I really must make the effort to check it out. I'd be fascinated to know what tracks are being spun


2.And whilst we are in Burnt Oak, this may interest you. This particularly caught my eye as one of my first adult jobs was manufacturing Bat detectors for Queen Mary College, for a global bat survey in 1982. I worked for a company called Physiological Instrumentation based in Delancy Passage in Camden.


3. This is a wonderful picture of Golders Green Station


4. As previously mentioned, a wonderful afternoon at Hadley FC, this was my pick of the goals


5. A very apt post for this week!


6. Thanks to the RAF museum for the cute pic of the week


7. Just a reminder, if you get a parking ticket unfairly, contact Mr Mustard


8. A date for your diary!


9. As ever, we love the work of our favourite cinema


10. Ands finally, some wonderful local history



And finally, The False Dots are playing at The Dublin Castle on Friday 15th September, please come down and say hi! 

No comments: