Sunday 13 June 2010

Barnets MPs. Initially a problem?

As I am feeling mightily P****d off due to poor goalkeeping (being a City fan, I knew Capello should have picked Joe Hart), I thought I'd give you all something to have a mild chuckle about (well it made me laugh). Have you ever thought about our MP's initials? For example, Gordon Brown was well placed to be prime minister, being "GB". Can we assume that David Cameron will be the most relaxed Tory Prime Minister about homosexuality as he's "DC"? No section 28 legislation from him. Many Tories think Tony Blair was a dose of TB to British politics. John Major was as much a non event with his initials as his Prime Ministership. Mind you it doesn't always work like that. Winston Churchill wasn't exactly Toilet as a leader. Which brings us on to our local MP's. Now Theresa Villiers is a TV. This amuses me as I've always found her to be a bit of a drag when she actually speaks. She has a delivery which makes the speaking clock sound sexy and exciting. As to Matthew Offord. MO is the term in the army for a Doctor or Medical Orderly. Offord has always reminded me as Jim Dale in Carry On Doctor. A bit wet behind the ears. I was having a look at Offords website and he has the slightly unnerving look of a doctor who you don't quite trust -"Well Mrs Jones, I'm not quite sure whether you have Lung Cancer or Lumbago". Finally we have Mike Freer. Now in America, MF is quite a nasty insult. I'm not going to  argue with the Yanks on this one.

No comments: