1. You may wonder why the reminiscences of FCHS. I stumbled across this tweet by @Joef_E17. Funnily enough my old m,ate Brian Shillibeer found a pair of our old football socks recently! I commend Joe on his memory. There was however only one house - Thomas Moore (1973 intake). The others simply didn't cut the mustard ;). My eternal thanks to Alison Shuttler for being our form tutor and putting up with what was officially the worst class in the history of the school.
Thanks to Joe for putting a smile on my face!
Feckenham, Challoner, John Fisher, Bourne, Bampfield, Thomas More@ChairmanArthur @fchslondon did I get them all?— Joe (@JoeF_E17) July 27, 2020
2. On the subject of misspent youth, many of us spent many happy hours in the Sparrowhawk in Edgware. This was a great music pub in the 70's with a great Rockabilly scene as well as amazing gigs organised by Friends of The Earth. Sadly, as we were too punk Rock for either promoter, the False Dots never played there. Thanks to @Time_NW for the memory
The Sparrowhawk public house, Broadfields, Edgware, in the early 1960s, and yesterday afternoon. (1/2)— NW London TimeMachine (@time_nw) July 30, 2020
Archive image from @memorieshendon pic.twitter.com/FmkTQd6FzI
3. A lovely tweet from one of or favourite tweeters featuring a very nice picture of a tweeter. Funnily enough, I saw this chap on my travels yesterday but couldn't get a decent pic, so thank you Samuel.
Good to see that the Totteridge Valley has had another successful year for raptors with 7sp breeding. It was a pleasure to experience this Kestrel hovering above the footpath, showing just how still they can keep their head whilst looking for prey as its the only bit in focus 😂 pic.twitter.com/eRqRjpGuX4— Samuel Levy (@FinchleyBirder) August 1, 2020
4. As my Dad was an RAF bomber pilot, this sight always brings a tear to my eye. Thanks to Donald for yet another amazing tweet.
Was lovely hearing & seeing the @RAFBBMF #Lancaster, #Spitfire & #Hurricane fly over Sunday; seen from Hendon. They came from RAF Coningsby, and had flown over horseguards parade ground at 19:30, dodging the rainstorms... @flightradar24 pic.twitter.com/3qnshjplhs— Donald Lyven (@barnet_rebel) July 26, 2020
5. Like the Swan and Pyramids, the Hendon Hall Hotel is no longer with us. Back in the day, it hosted the World Cup winenrs. This is a lovely tweet. But can you imagine booking your wedding, only to find out that it was the day England were playing in the World cup final? Thanks to Stephen Hunt for the amazing memory
6. This is certainly my favourite cricket tweet of the week (and yes, well done England)A friend of mine just posted these pictures. Hendon Hall Hotel 50 years ago. After winning the World Cup, the England team interrupted her aunt's wedding. pic.twitter.com/HCgoj3NKfS— Stephen Hunt (@ChairmanHuntJnr) July 31, 2020
7. We've been enjoying following Robin Morel's posts detailing the progress of the new Thameslink station at Brent CrossMatch report from Sunday's first ever match against Hendon CC. Spoiler alert, involves rain.https://t.co/0UtHlF7EHI pic.twitter.com/ryAcrLch1w— WinchmoreHillTigersCC (@JSTigers) July 27, 2020
8. And whilst we are in Cricklewood, did you know this was the original home of Bentley motors?Progress at #BrentCross new depot access lines being finished, catenary installation and former carriage shed Coming down , all that remains Is steel frame #BrentCrossWest #Cricklewood pic.twitter.com/9yojBsSRKE— Robin Morel (@13milepost) August 1, 2020
9. This isn't the sort of tweet I normally feature here, but a shout out for Councillor Alex Prager for using twitter properly and using it to get across some useful community based information. I had wondered why the dustmen woke me up early, but in the circumstances well done to Barnet Council for taking care of staff wellbeing#WOBentley established Bentley Motors Limited in Cricklewood, North London, in August 1919, although prior to that,the first Bentley was built at an unassuming Mew’s property, 47 Chagford Street, Marylebone. London pic.twitter.com/v3y8Ys8yKD— Arvid (@GilbertBrooks) August 1, 2020
PSA West Hendon/Hendon/Colindale residents - due to the hot weather expected this Friday refuse collections will start at 5am ☀️— Cllr Alex Prager (@AAPrager) July 28, 2020
10. Great to hear a talented artist with local links on the radio this morning.
One of our bestist customers! Great to hear her on the radio! https://t.co/2uhjkUjzgS— #MillHillMusicComplex (@MillHillMusicCo) August 2, 2020
Have a great weekend!