Another week of nothing much happening in the London Borough of Barnet. But you wouldn't know it from the efforts of our esteemed local Tweeters!
1. Edgware has a new Rabbi. We wish him all the very best in these trying times.
Delighted to welcome Danny Newman as joint Rabbi to Edgware Masorti Synagogue and Elstree and Borehamwood Masorti Community. A dynamic and inspiring spiritual leader and pastoral Rabbi during the pandemic, his appointment brings a refreshing new dimension to our two communities. pic.twitter.com/HQFsDooENE— Edgware Masorti (@EdgwareMasorti) February 4, 2021
2. It seems that the Cullimore Pharmacy in Edgware has a very esteemed fan!
A big thank you to local pharmacist Hassan Khan @healthwisepha owner of the independent pharmacy Cullimore Chemist in Edgware for all his hard work and support for the community in these challenging times. https://t.co/5LSbbg2kdN pic.twitter.com/yKVKmNr43d— Lord Sugar (@Lord_Sugar) February 2, 2021
3. Can you help this Edgware Student out?
ATTENTION people of the Edgware / Colindale / Hendon / Kilburn...anybody who lives around the A5 road area, can you help this A-level student out?— Gossiping pigeons (@Pigeon_talks) February 1, 2021
.#northwestlondon #london #Colindale #coursework pic.twitter.com/XKO9euI2FB
4. Someone is not too impressed with the new tower block in Edgware!
The new tower block in Edgware looming like Godzilla, over the town. pic.twitter.com/RqhyICd17n— Mark Amies (@Superfast72) February 3, 2021
5. I do love the odd reminder of the lost Cricklewood of my youth
Look Behan,— Gerrys Club, Dillon (@GerrysClub) February 5, 2021
Also his brother Dominic. “The craic was good in Cricklewood ,
They wouldn’t leave the Crown, with glasses flying and biddies cryin,
Paddy is goin to town “ https://t.co/lV5FWriSUD
6. A Mill Hill mystery was solved!
7. If you are near Brent Reservoir, keep an eye out for these rather elegant Tufted Ducks
Day 28:— Samuel Levy (@FinchleyBirder) February 1, 2021
A dark gloomy rainy weekend saw me walk up to Brent Reservoir. 3 Green Sandpiper and a Little Egret feeding in and amongst the dumped wheelie bins and trolleys were the best. There were plenty of Tufted Duck in the deeper areas of the reservoir. #londonbirds pic.twitter.com/7aMKsqVeYe
8. Finchley and Wingate are supporting their local food bank. So are we and we hope that you are too!
🥫Food for Thought 🤔— Wingate&Finchley FC (@WinFinchleyFC) February 6, 2021
If each of our followers brought just 1 item, we’d have 9,188 items to donate.
Please donate as generously as possible 🙏
⤵️ See poster below for more information!#TeamWingate pic.twitter.com/kwrudnU4S1
9. If you are a Mill Hill business and you want a free listing in the Mill Hill Residents Association directory, this is what you need to do. The association has a rich history and is a well established and respected local organisation
The Mill Hill Free Local Business directory— Inside Mill Hill (@InsideMillHill) February 5, 2021
The Business Directory will be distributed to approximately 10,000 households here in NW7 and will also be promoted online and on local Facebook groups and on NextDoor too.
You don’t have to pay to advertise! https://t.co/LjGXwEonZj pic.twitter.com/rkGbkKsZHU
10. This will be great, new music video filmed in Mill Hill!
Looking forward to this! https://t.co/UTRSX5HY3i— #MillHillMusicComplex (@MillHillMusicCo) February 7, 2021
That's all folks!