Another week of lockdown, another fall in the infection rates. As the daffodils emerge, lets hope the plague recedes and life will return to normal. Here is our round up of what we think are the week's finest tweets. There is some good stuff out there, to be sure!
1. Our tweet of the week, who thought we'd see Ice Hockey in Mill Hill. Absolutely brilliant!
2. In these times, it is great to report some good news, lets hope the recovery continues apace
3. Sadly there is some less good news to report from Hendon, if you know who is responsible, please let the Police know. I cannot imagine how I'd feel if it was a family member's grave
This morning went to see the vandalised graves stones at The Hendon Parish St Mary & Christ. If any one saw anything or has information can they e-mail The Rev’d Dr Julie Gittoes email@example.com And police Ref No is 2403023/21 13/2/2021. @MPSHendon @hendonparish pic.twitter.com/w6II8MKthF— Nizza Fluss (@NizzaFluss) February 14, 2021
4. Once again Donald Lyven comes up with the goods with an amazing picture
Yes, that's it! In Feb 2018, I was driving in West Hendon & saw back-lit snowstorm & Wembley in a orange sky. I thought I'd see it from where I was going, but no😒— Donald Lyven (@barnet_rebel) February 14, 2021
Have regretted everyday I didn't stop to take the photo. Then this occurred, but sadly I was 5 miles further away! pic.twitter.com/jaFv0gJw5b
5. It's worth a bit of cold and ice for pictures like this!
6. How could you not love this pic? RIP Mary Wilson
7. Aa very fitting memorial in Golders Green to a very decent man.
There is a beautiful memorial to Sir Nicholas Winton in my local park, Princes Park, in the heart of Golders Green. This photo shows my grandson on one of the two benches which are part of the installation. May his memory remain a blessing. pic.twitter.com/2QroAuBqe7— Miriam Halahmy (@MiriamHalahmy) February 8, 2021
8. I'm not sure whether Samuel Levy knew the Songthrush was my favourite songbird, but he certainly took a lovely picture of one in the Totteridge Valley this week
Day 39:— Samuel Levy (@FinchleyBirder) February 12, 2021
Today on the way to Totteridge I stumbled along a huge mixed flock of Thrushes along Barnet Lane feeding on the Ivy Berries, with c250 Redwing & this Song Thrush. 8 Lapwing W and a Snipe were the best of the rest from another brutally cold day! #londonbirds pic.twitter.com/9UGsDjtovn
9. I try to avoid tweets that mention the blog, but I am sure that you'll understand why I chose this one. So proud to work with St Johns on this
Today we remember the events of 80yrs ago, here in West Hendon, when a bomb was dropped taking lives, injuring many and destroying homes. @Barneteye has written about it and we have a small act of remembrance from @StJohnsWH https://t.co/DZYhMf9jNl— St John's West Hendon (@StJohnsWH) February 13, 2021
10. We think this is an amazing clip!
That's all folks!