This feature is a light hearted look at this weeks tweets from the London Borough of Barnet. We bring a mix of the weeks best tweets that give you a flavour of the area as well as a couple of forthcoming events and a shout out to those doing great work in our community. If there is a big news story in the Borough we may also feature that if there are relevant and interesting tweets. Here is our pick
1. A big shout out to the Romanian community in Burnt Oak for their amazing work cleaning litter
Thank you @RCCTOfficial, My Romanian Community, @UnitasYZ, @MPSBurntOak for litter-picking in Burnt Oak at the weekend for our #PickItBagItBinItBarnet campaign.— Barnet Council (@BarnetCouncil) June 28, 2021
To take part, email firstname.lastname@example.org for free litter-picking equipment.https://t.co/XtUZq6rBfo#pbbb pic.twitter.com/l2N1QcGMt8
2. A top bloke, always used to open the St Josephs College garden fete in Lawrence St. Lovely man
Still lives in Edgware. Local legend 👍🏻 https://t.co/piFGLLY5FB— Alex Morrow (@vblock) July 2, 2021
3. Feeling hungry? You will be once you've read this. As an aside, the most read blog on this site was the one annoucing that Bang Bang Oriental was reopening. It went viral and had 25,000 hits in four hours
4. Live in near Colindale? Need some plants?
And don't worry if you missed out, we're open every Wednesday and Saturday, pop in for some gardening fun, love and peas 🌱 pic.twitter.com/xbUcYMgB22— Colindale Community Garden (@ColindaleGarden) June 28, 2021
5. Our historical tweet of the week, who knew Hendon used to be so exciting
July 2, 1921: Royal Air Force pilots bomb a dummy village, shoot down a balloon and perform stunts at an airshow at the Hendon Aerodrome. pic.twitter.com/GVJMovkye5— Jon Blackwell (This Day in 1921) (@100YearsAgoNews) July 2, 2021
6. Congratulations to an amazing local business
We as a business have been giving back to the community since our founder Lil Miah came to the UK in the 70s💪🏽 #payitforward @BarnetCouncil @Sara_Conway3 @SadiqKhan @Barneteye @InsideMillHill @Offord4Hendon pic.twitter.com/o8v6IHlTxW— Day Of The Raj (@dayoftheraj) July 3, 2021
7. Cricklewood at it's finest
Part of the Tuesday morning task force stuck in the wildflower bed🙂 Weeding and prepping the ground for sunflower and Cosmos seedlings... to be continued on Sat. Thank you everyone for your help! 🙏🙏🙏🌱🍃🌿 pic.twitter.com/hkwg7FpQlu— Our Yard at Clitterhouse Farm | Cricklewood (@clitterhouse) June 29, 2021
8. This put a smile on my face!
Our first pop-up at John Lewis Brent Cross started on Monday! A great initiative by The Great British Exchange and John Lewis &Partners. If you're in North London, stop by! You'll find us on level 2! #londonpopup #smallbusinessuk #smallbusinesslondon #tlcbyanike #johnlewis pic.twitter.com/Td65zXjvHX— Àníké TLC (@tlcbyanike) June 30, 2021
9. News from our favourite local Rugby club
Apologies for the radio silence!— Mill Hill Rugby Club (@MillHillRFC) July 2, 2021
Soon we will be gearing up for the 21/22 Season.
New beggnings = New opportunities!
We're looking for a new Head Coach & Physiotherapist to join the MHRFC family.
Good pay, good fun, good times!
Get in contact! 💛🤎💛🤎💛🤎💛 pic.twitter.com/BNpYpygVC3
10. Recalling a local legend
That's all folks!