Sunday 19 March 2023

The tweets of the week in the London Borough of Barnet 19th March 2023

You may wonder why this feature didn't appear last week? Despite an hour or two of looking, I couldn't find more than three decent tweets worthy of inclusion. This week, our tweeters are back on form. There are some really good threads on this today

So what have the local army of tweeters been up to? Here is our pick of the most interesting this week. 

1.  I had to start here. I wrote a track called Sunday in the 70's More of that later), maybe this picture from Burnt Oak in 1972 is the most 1970's photo ever taken. The clothes, the telly, the football, the curtains. It has the lot!


2. A good way to get a mention here is to alert me to some good local music trivia. I was chuffed to see thus as I rather like Fairport Convention (especially in the Sandy Denny era)


3. Seriously, what is not to love here?


4. This is one tweet I will deffo be following up on. I do love a bit of nice Jerk chicken, and I trust Sarah's judgement


5. If yoiu read the Saturday list I posted yesterday, you'll understand why I simply had to select this tweet!


6. Back in 1985, my band, the False Dots played a rather good gig at the Cricklewood Hotel. I was unaware of this rather odd story concerning the venue!


7. As yesterday was St Patricks day, I was fascinated by this wonderful thread about the history of our local Irish population, that goes back far further than many realise


8. Another absolutely fantastic thread here from Mr Mark Amies and his @Time_NW account. If you were wondering what Hendon Aerodrome looked like before it became the Grahame Park estate, this will answer a few questions


9. Lol!


10. As you probably know, we love a bit of live music and there was an amazing gig last night



And on the subject of live music, if you want to see some the best local bands in action, then come down to The Dublin Castle on Friday night, for The False Dots and The Shoals. It will be a great night.  Please come down, details are here  www.wegottickets.com/event/573818

This is what The False Dots sound like this


And The Shoals sound like this


That's all folks, have a wonderful Mothers day if you are a mum and if your not, have a great day anyway and if you are lucky enough to still have a mum, make sure they know you love them!

No comments: