Monday 1 April 2024

Why I'll be voting for Susan Hall in May (Updates Noon 1/4/2024)

 I've never voted Conservative in my life. I never thought I would, but in the Mayoral Elections in London, I have to. You may wonder why? Well the truth is that me and Suzy go back a very long way and you have to support your friends, don't you? Like me, her Dad ran a car repair business and our parents knew each other rather well. What is not so well known, and Suzy rather oddly seems to play down is that she was a big figure in the local punk rock scene of the late 1970's. She was very friendly with Delbert from Broadfields (which gives lie to the myth she's a racist), a sometimes roadie of The False Dots and the go to man for anyone who needed to score some puff back in the day. She was also a half decent singer and even sang on a track recorded by The False Dots, when our then singer couldn't hit the notes. We had to take her to a studio in Sydenham, in the back of a Transit van to sing the track. She did a pretty good job, what do you think?



. Back in the day, Suzy was a real laugh. I never got to see them, but apparently her prize possession was a pair of Captian Sensible of the Damneds Y-Fronts. which she'd liberated in, shall we say, rather amusing circumstances (I'll let her tell the story if she wants, as I don't want to upset her).

About six months ago, Suzy rang me and asked if I'd like to come on board and even offered me the role of Night Time Tsar in her new administration. I told her that as I am not aa Tory I couldn't  but I'd be supporting her privately. To me, it is a crying shame that her sense of fun and mischief has never come out at all in the campaign. I genuinely believe if the real Suzy was let shine, it would be more than a pair of undies she'd be liberating from Sadiq Khan!

-------------------------------------------------

I am sure that you guessed, this is our April Fool Spoof. None of the above is true, apart from the fact that Susan Hall's Dad ran a garage. He may well have known my Dad through the industry, but he's not around to ask. As to who I'll be voting for in May? It won't be Hall and it won't be Khan. I feel both are awful for London. I'll be voting Lib Dem, and I sincerely hope everyone else does.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Almost got me!!