Thursday 4 November 2010

University Tuition Fees - Another Don't Call Me Dave Comeback tour

Barnet's most sensible Tory, the Status Quo of the blogging world, Don't Call Me Dave is back. Not only is he back, but he's written the blog I was going to write. In it he calls me a hypocrite. That's because I'm a Lib Dem member, we as a party had a pledge not to abolish tuition fees and look what happened. I happen to think the policy is wrong and shameful. People with a University education get better jobs and pay more tax. They are good for the economy. Read what David has to say :-


http://www.notthebarnettimes.co.uk/2010/11/university-fees-scandal.html

3 comments:

Broadway Blogger said...

Good Local story about CAMERON today on Hendon Times website. Sounds a great idea.....

http://www.times-series.co.uk/news/topstories/8495112.Residents_rally_Prime_Minister_in_bid_to_reopen_social_club/

Mrs Angry said...

Think you ought to say DCMD is Barnet's most sensible Tory because he is an ex Tory. If Ihad been a Libdem pre election, I would most definitely now be an ex Libdem. On the radio the other day I heard the leader of the students' union point out that by their treachery over the tuition fees, this party has effectively lost a generation of voters. I am sure that is true, and I would have thought that many long term, loyal Libdems are also experiencing a sense of betrayal over their party's complicity in the coalition government's actions, most of which will have a devastating effect on the most vulnerable members of society.

Moaneybat said...

Mrs Angry,

Exactly! I'm pleased you said it! and DCMD said it like it is.