To celebrate Small Business Saturday, we thought we'd give a list of Christmas Shopping ideas to help support local businesses and local shops
1. Buy your turkey from your local butcher - In Mill Hill we have several fine independent butchers including @CooksleyButcher in Mill Hill Broadway and Gerrards on Daws Lane.
2. If lingerie tickles your fancy, checkout @BoudicaLingerie in Mill Hill (and on Twitter)
3. Need a Christmas Tree? Checkout Finchley Nurseries in Burtonhole Lane Mill Hill. If you are in Finchley, checkout Tally Ho Discount, they are also great for Xmas decorations
4. Why not get the kids a tropical fish tank? Checkout Pond Life at Finchley Nurseries
5. Why not buy a Guitar or a Ukulele for Xmas http://www.millhillmusiccomplex.co.uk/product-category/musical-instruments/guitars/
6. You can't have Christmas without sweeties, so checkout Hopscotch Treats in High Barnet https://twitter.com/HopscotchTreats
7. Need some tasty snacks for Xmas day, check out El Vacquerra Deli in Mill Hill Broadway
8. Fancy a change from Turkey for Xmas? Why not get some fresh fish at Burnt Oak Fish Market ( 63 Burnt Oak Broadway). Excellent quality and great range.
9. Need flowers for Xmas? Checkout Aspen Flowers in Burnt Oak on Watling Avenue. Been going there for years. great quality http://uk.local.yahoo.com/Greater_London/Mill_Hill/Florists/1003548870-e-28978.html
10. After all that shopping, why not have a cup of coffee and a slice of yummy cake ! My favourite place for such treats is Cafe Buzz in North Finchley. Tell her Rog T at the Barnet Eye sent you and she'll take good care of you !
If anyone knows a great independent toy shop in the Borough or any other great indie shops for music, perfumes, gifts, clothes, etc please leave a comment. We'll check em out. Sorry for the Mill Hill bias, it would be great if people added their own suggestions from their own neighbourhoods.