1. A recurring theme. The neglect of a grade II Listed building that is much loved by the Edgware community
3 weeks after I notified @HistoricEngland & @BarnetCouncil about this 1st floor window being left open, & still nothing has been done. Can you imagine the damage from cold, wet and pigeons? #RailwayHotelEdgware - Grade2 listed building. @Barneteye @BrokenBarnet @ReasonableNB pic.twitter.com/0iyreY2pro— Mark Amies (@Superfast72) February 10, 2018
2. And whilst we are in Edgware with Superfast72
The abandonment of #Edgware by @BarnetCouncil continues. It's getting filthier and filthier by the year. I'm surpised shops chains aren't suffering. Not a nice place to visit these days unfortunately. pic.twitter.com/9jQIfBjSL1— Mark Amies (@Superfast72) February 5, 2018
3. Some holiday action for kids in Colindale maybe?
Another #free activity for children over#halfterm #colindale #animation #comedy @RAFMUSEUM @ChandosArmsPub @ChandosArmsPub @GPOneStopShop @times_series pic.twitter.com/cLJOaBbmha— New Colindale Residents Association (@NCRA_NW9) February 8, 2018
4. Before Brent Cross, there was Hendon Greyhound Track. Our historical tweet of the week
English model Celia Hammond poses with bookmakers at Hendon Greyhound track in June 1968 pic.twitter.com/1psAGiIwN4— Sport & Casino History (@CDCHistory) February 9, 2018
5. It's not too late to get down to the Claddagh Ring this Sunday for some late night live music!
We’re playing in Whelan’s, Uxbridge tonight from 8-10pm THEN The Claddagh Ring, Hendon from 11-1am! #Uxbridge #Hendon #London #SundaySession pic.twitter.com/iVA6rLeqQB— The BibleCodeSundays (@biblecodesunday) February 11, 2018
6. Thanks to Twitter I now know that we have the worlds biggest bingo club in Cricklewood!
Today is National #MakeAFriendDay! Miss P and Claire are good friends from Beacon Cricklewood, they go on holidays together, eat together, and love playing bingo together! pic.twitter.com/7mN7ATFS4R— Beacon Cricklewood (@BeaconCRK) February 11, 2018
7. And I also found out that Finchley Lido was a venue for the 1948 Olympics. Sadly the Borough had none for the 2012 version
I have a copy of that map! Finchley Open Air Swimming Pool was a venue for the 1948 London Olympics! pic.twitter.com/AMkMhxM0Ls— Alan Schneiderman (@alan_s01) February 11, 2018
8. Long Lane Pasture is looking good!
Big thanks to our stoic volunteers this & last weekend. Despite changing weather of cold wind, rain & intermittent sun, many tasks completed. ☺@FinchleyGreat @FinchleySociety @GGBarnet @stephenshouse @FinchleyHort @hellofinchley @Barnet_FoE @PentlandBrands @__Revel pic.twitter.com/JCD1is38p1— Long Lane Pasture (@LLPasture) February 11, 2018
9. Remember Mill Hill back in 1994?
10. Need some Music Practice in Mill Hill?
Solo practice for only £3.50 an hour. Ideal for brass, woodwind, guitar and Piano (Clavinova). Checkout studio 20!https://t.co/jiM2q0KtBt— MillHillMusicComplex (@MillHillMusicCo) February 8, 2018
That's all folks!