And with that, onwards and upwards. As they say in Scunthorpe, a Brick in the Eye is worth more than a pie", so here we are again on Sunday morning, with the Tweets of the Week from our neighbourhood. As we get ever nearer to the the council elections, we have ever more pictures of Political Party activists standing on street corners smiling. I can absolutely guarantee that there will be none of that sort of rubbish here. Why on earth anyone thinks such nonsense is appealing to anyone is beyond me. A good tweet is one that makes you laugh, cry, throw the iPhone out of the window or go for a quick cold shower. I hope we manage at least one of those with our selection.
1. Lets start with a Mothers Day theme. Someone's mum needs blood. My mum's life was saved by a blood transfusion on three occasions. So why not do something really special for #MothersDay
We're up and running here at @GiveBloodNHS #Edgware! Save lives this #MothersDay and #GiveBlood! pic.twitter.com/cgRz6ox7No— Joely Bear Appeal (@JoelyBearAppeal) March 11, 2018
2. Esteeed Barnet Resident, King of the Jungle, Radio Pirate and Soul DJ legend Tony Blackburn has the hump with Barnet Traffic. I always thought he had a helicopter to do the shopping in!
Please please get Roley Lane sorted out as it’s causing chaos in Barnet High Road. This was at 7am yesterday. Come on it’s been over five weeks now it really shouldn’t take this long. pic.twitter.com/AmxrthYi6W— Tony Blackburn (@tonyblackburn) March 9, 2018
3. Would you like a rubbish dump on your doorstep? It seems that Brent Council don't
Evening Standard's image of Barnet moving waste depot to A5 Edgware Road.— BrentCross Coalition (@BXcoalition) March 10, 2018
Still only has outline consent though, after over 15 years.
Brent not happy!
(Separate demolition-waste depot is just to the south, in the triangle.) pic.twitter.com/npltMdh3Ua
4. We rather liked this tweet. Brent Cross has changed a bit
A bit of a detour, but... I have a very early childhood memory of my parents driving all the way from Sutton to the brand new Brent Cross shopping centre. I was mesmerised by the domed roof with its little stained glass rectangles... Postcards by J. Arthur Dixon and Colourmaster pic.twitter.com/qNOYWxYVOw— LCC municipal (@lccmunicipal) March 4, 2018
5. It seems that the Moggy Appreciation Society has been on manouvres in Finchley. This tweet really made me snigger!
@thecatreviewer Schmoozed by a slightly scruffy but loveable ginger & white kitty in Finchley. Great rolling, contended whirring noises and overall frindl ness 10/10. pic.twitter.com/VwlXj4GBLJ— Alison Cameron #FBPE (@allyc375) March 10, 2018
6. Fancy a bit of art in Finchley
Great opening night of the "Arboretum" art show by @EastFinchOpen @stephenshouse #finchley pic.twitter.com/A56vridzrB— hellofinchley (@hellofinchley) March 8, 2018
7. Arrendene open space at Sunset. You really can't beat it!
What a difference a week makes Arrendene Open space at dusk pic.twitter.com/mdOlsqtob2— A Better Mill Hill (@ABetterMillHill) March 7, 2018
8. They are planning ahead for East Finchley Festival. Do you wan't a stall
Now accepting stall bookings for the East Finchley Festival on 24 June. Pls email email@example.com for details or to book. #eastfinchleyfestival pic.twitter.com/YBJfO19Sjk— East Finchley Festival (@myEastFinchley) March 4, 2018
9. Congratulations to Special Constable Shane Clark. Many thanks from all of us for your efforts.
Special Constable of the year, just announced, sergeant Shane Clark from Barnet, has just picked up his award from the Commissioner. pic.twitter.com/FNYVoqbNq7— MPS Barnet (@MPSBarnet) March 9, 2018
10. The Lovely Natalie Miranda has found a new spiritual home!
Studio 20 @MillHillMusicCo is my new favourite place 😊🎤🎹🎼 #singer #newplan #piano pic.twitter.com/IbcUyZUau9— Nathalie Miranda (@vocalfreaknat) March 7, 2018
That's all folks!