We've not had a musical Top Ten for some time. I was at the studio earlier and someone asked "Do you know of any songs that mention Cheeseburgers?". I immediately thought of "Living in the USA" by The Steve Miller Band. That ends with the line "Someone get me a cheeseburger". A google search revealed a whole swathe, with everyone from Chuck Berry to Frank Zappa mentioning them. It got me thinking, what would be my foodie top ten tunes. Now it would be easy to have a pretty easy to simply list songs with food, such as Toast by The Street band, but these are all songs that reside in my record collection. I think it's a pretty good playlist, with great tunes (I've added a Spotify playlist at the bottom of page!)
So here it is.
1. Living in the USA by The Steve Miller Band - Cheeseburger
2. The Doors - Back Door Man - Pork, Beans and Chicken
3. Pluto Shervington - Dat - It is about a Rasta trying to buy Pork, but not wanting to say it
4. The Ramones - I Just want to Have Something to Do - Chicken Vindaloo
5. The Steve Miller Band - Hot Chilli
6. Souixsie and The Banshees - Hong Kong Garden - Chicken Chow Mein and Chop Suey
7. The Rolling Stones - Brown Sugar
8. Jesus and Mary Chain - Just Like Honey
9. Blondie - Sunday Girl - Ice cream!
10. The Small Faces - Itchycoo Park - Buns
That's all folks!