Brrrrr..... It sure was nippy in Mill Hill park today! pic.twitter.com/Ivsy6pKKu7— A Better Mill Hill (@ABetterMillHill) March 18, 2018
Anyway, this is the tweets of the week, not the tweets from four months ago, so I hope you'll forgive that little diversion! It's full on Summer madness here! Don't forget to follow any of these marvellous tweeters who tickle your fancy.
1. One of the less appreciated traditions in Mill Hill is the spectacle of Mill Hill County High School leavers trashing the park and causing mayhem. With the snow gone, Arrendene has become bone dry. What sort of an idiot would do this? It could have set the whole place on fire. I really hope that the parents of these kids read them the riot act
Why would kids set fire to their schools books, bloody dangerous in bone dry woods #dangerous #fire #Arrandene #keepmillhilltidy @RubyRose @ColindaleLitter @ABetterMillHill @Barneteye @mhlitterpickers @MillHillBwy @BarnetCouncil@metpoliceuk @BarnetParks @Saracens @FiveFocus pic.twitter.com/7HDsQcVjUC— MarkyWar (@Marky_War) July 22, 2018
2. Another sorry sign of summer in Mill Hill. Angel pond dried out and looking terrible
Angel pond in Mill Hill. Dying of neglect. Dead fish, homeless ducks and a horrible pong pic.twitter.com/SDfEg5FZq6— A Better Mill Hill (@ABetterMillHill) July 17, 2018
3. We were told that the summer would see an end to Potholes in the Borough. Sadly not
@KC_Journo One of several horrors I saw as I cycled from Burnt Oak to Colindale today. Any cyclist hitting this at speed would end up in A&E or the morgue. Shame on you @BarnetCouncil pic.twitter.com/ch2J8RybRq— Mark Amies (@Superfast72) July 19, 2018
4. On a happier note, canine frolics in Chandos Park. We love a good dog show!
Preparing for the Dog Show at Chandos Park. pic.twitter.com/h3r7xheCWP— Edgware Police (@MPSEdgwareQA) July 21, 2018
5. Looking for something to do with the kids tomorrow. This looks absolutely brilliant. I quite fancy going myself!
Tomorrow #Beano artist @KevFComicArtist is bringing his Comic Art Masterclass to both #Colindale and #Finchley Church End libraries! For details visit our webpage - we'd love to see all you budding comic artists there! #SoBeano #SummerReadingChallenge https://t.co/kbePfjhhEY pic.twitter.com/XyPIVM4nNe— Barnet Libraries (@BarnetLibraries) July 22, 2018
6. Finchley filmmakers are predicting a chilly September!
While it's nice you can sit outside late into the day and enjoy the weather. When the weather is slightly less lovely in September sit inside and enjoy some #filmaking talks/practical.— Finchley Film Makers (@FinchleyFilm) July 21, 2018
Calling #filmmakers join Finchley Film Makers pic.twitter.com/kQrv48AXAA
7. Some good friends of ours getting some well deserved recognition in the Barnet First magazine
Lovely to see @UdensonCaldbeck featured in Barnet First magazine. Osita is a magician in Cricklewood, pulling out all the stops at festival time and everything just comes together.— Anne Clarke (@anne_clarke) July 20, 2018
Osita, and the rest of the Cricklewood Town Team, are an absolute joy to work with. pic.twitter.com/GCDxdrLClb
8. Talking of friends of ours, The Chandos Arms is launching an Open mic night in September, be there or be square!
New music night coming to @ChandosArmsPub. Starting in September, North West London, Open Mic. @OPENMICUK pic.twitter.com/Qyw68U8KMP— The Chandos Arms (@ChandosArmsPub) July 20, 2018
9. And if you like amazing Jazz in a brilliant setting, checkout the Mill Hill Jazz Club. There is loads of parking, drinks are very reasonably priced and the music is top notch
25 July - Val's Jam Night - The last Wednesday of every month sees MHJC filled to the brim with Jazz singers, players and listening aficionados who flock to the club to give of their best for the sheer joy of all. PLEASE RT. pic.twitter.com/2pGtrPA8oA— Mill Hill Jazz Club (@millhilljazz) July 21, 2018
10. Amazing young people all over the UK are participating in the National Citizenship Scheme (NCS). A very lucky group in Mill Hill got a studio tour at Londons Leading Independent studios. We hear to many negatives about young people. It was a pleasure for me to meet them, do a Q&A and advise them on their Dragons Den pitch!
Mill Hill Music Complex is supporting the Challenge. We will be welcoming two teams on Wednesday for the legendary studio tour and a Q&A with our founder Rog. https://t.co/G9KS4Ljnpy— MillHillMusicComplex (@MillHillMusicCo) July 16, 2018
That's all folks!