1. This is appalling, the Financial Times runs a report on just how awful the High Street in Burnt Oak has become. The council and the local councillors should hang their heads in shame. I remember when Burnt Oak had a cinema, a department store, a thriving market, a Woolworths and a thriving high street. It has excellent connections to central London. This really should not be happening.
The loss of its shops has sent Burnt Oak into a negative spiral, as its residents travel further afield to work and to spend their money. https://t.co/BlpcsZEP3o #FTRetail— Financial Times Live (@ftlive) July 4, 2018
2. If this isn't sorted out soon, Mill Hill will be following suit.
A sorry sight in Mill Hill pic.twitter.com/PXWXUc4g7D— A Better Mill Hill (@ABetterMillHill) July 6, 2018
3. Then again, there is some great music in Mill Hill on Weds, if you want something to do instead of or after the Footie!
11th July - Stefanos Tsourelis - Well known for his versatility and ability to move across styles and genres on both the guitar and oud - musical style incorporates Blues, Rock, Jazz and Mediterranean sounds with Gareth Lockrane-flutes,Dave Jones-bass & Eric Ford-drums -Please RT pic.twitter.com/dipbrNHEQf— Mill Hill Jazz Club (@millhilljazz) July 5, 2018
4. Anyone know anything about this little bit of Finchley local history?
I could spend hours looking at any of Hogarth's paintings - The March of the Guards to Finchley at The Foundling Museum #thefoundlingmuseum #museum #london #lovelondon #visitlondon # pic.twitter.com/F1gHHY3D56— HEARD in London (@heard_in_) July 8, 2018
5. This is an excellent tweet for all you doggie walkers. And if you don't have a doggie and just love a nice walk it is also a great tweet!
Where's the best place to walk your #dog in #NorthWestLondon or #NorthLondon? Here's a brilliant list of walks divided into small, med and big walks, complete with pics https://t.co/59hrH8PVzO @NorthFinchFest @hellofinchley @Hampstead_Mums @CityCorpHeath @dogsofnw pic.twitter.com/vTO22ZIMjn— The Finchley Vet (@FinchleyVet) July 8, 2018
6. Lovely tweet from East Barnet Police
Good Morning East Barnet, we hope you had a pleasant day yesterday at the East Barnet Festival @EastBarnetFest 2018. We have a special guest in the form of a retired police vehicle appearing in this years Car in the Park. Looking forward to seeing you there ! 🚓🚦🎡🌅 pic.twitter.com/7eTkeloTl6— East Barnet Police (@MPSEastBarnet) July 8, 2018
7. If you like your local history, then this is deffo a tweet you should be interested in!
We now have a Facebook page where we'll be posting more historical photos and stories from our local area.— Mill Hill Hist Soc (@MHHistSoc) July 7, 2018
Please feel free to post your own photos and memories of Mill Hill, Hendon and beyond :)https://t.co/8XPt1j7Jqm
8. We always like a good community magazine
Get your Summer Edition at any good newsagent in Hampstonia, Belsize Parkistan, High (as a kite) Gate, Whampers, Saff End Green, Saff 'Ampstead, Switzerland, Singeon's Wood, Primrosia, Golders Green Already or the Union of Soviet Scamden Republics NOW! £2 Squid. pic.twitter.com/TojYGa8ncQ— Hampstead Village Voice (@VillageVoice1) July 4, 2018
9. If we want a better environment, we really shouldn't stand for this!
10. It's always nice to be appreciated!
++++ That's all folks