|Rising Sun 1910 (Pres Soc)|
We start with the Pres Soc's old Mill Hill collection - http://www.mhps.org.uk/oimages.asp
2. The Preservation Society also have a nice collection of contemporary images. There is a nice picture of the NIMR before its demolition in this collection
3. The third and last selection from the Preservation Society is a collection of old maps. These are fascinating.
4. I recently came across an amazing set of collections by David Smith. Here are my pics. You can get these framed at www.memoriespictures.co.uk who are based in Brent Street, Hendon. This business are well worth a plug! (no they haven't paid for it, we support local businesses). The first of Davids collections is of Mill Hill Broadway (click on imnage)
5. The second of Davids collections is a Mill Hill wide selection (click on image)
6. The third of our pics from David's collections is one of Motor Garages. Although these are across North West London, there are plenty of Mill Hill shots. As my family were in the motor trade (my brother still runs a welding business in Bunns Lane), I find these really interesting. I used to regularly visit most of these sites with my Dad.
7. Another site with a good selection of historical pictures is Francis Frith.
8. Another great source of pictures is the Barnet Council Borough archive.
|Route of Disused railway|
|NIMR in its heyday|
I hope you've found these collections as interesting as I did.