1. Fancy doing your bit for the community? Why not join the Mill Hill Litter Pickers next Saturday
Next Sunday 18 August join us for a litter 🚮 pick around the Hale Lane area. Meet at the @HarvesterUK car park on Hale Lane Sunday morning time tbc @jonny_smash @ruby_robot @rachellybee @logueys @Barneteye @ColindaleLitter #keepmillhilltidy pic.twitter.com/tyBeHSKlpC— Mill Hill Litter Pickers (@mhlitterpickers) August 12, 2018
2. A very big shout out to Mark Amies, who brought this excellent collection to my attention and inspired yesterdays incredibly popular Saturday list
@Barneteye Found an amazing online album of garages in the Hendon/Mill Hill area (by Memories of Hendon by the looks of it) https://t.co/WBfhkkZt89 pic.twitter.com/EFJsRdmime— Mark Amies (@Superfast72) August 6, 2018
3. If like me you went to St Vincents School, this is a rather special image. If you didn't it's still quite a nice bit of local history
Some 1950s photos of the grounds of Littleberries on the Ridgeway.— Mill Hill Hist Soc (@MHHistSoc) August 11, 2018
Initially a country house but in 1885 was bought by the Order of St Vincent in 1885 and became a convent. Now it is being turned into luxury housing.https://t.co/uByxwtmkJG pic.twitter.com/iiYfs11KDy
4. Some of us rather miss this
Edgware Town's Old Ground, The White Lion. @EdgwareTownFC @EtfcFans @JubileeSilver pic.twitter.com/vtExuvRP6T— Matt Shotter (@Shottersshouts) August 10, 2018
5. Fancy a bit of volunteering for a national gem
#London: This year's Spitfire 10K is now fully booked. Would you like to run next year's for free? We are looking for Volunteers to assist us in supporting this year's runners as they run their 10K around Colindale. Please go to: https://t.co/kBsBc2tNwZ pic.twitter.com/PAwPBXV6fc— RAF Museum (@RAFMUSEUM) August 11, 2018
6. A date for your diary if you are fond of grdening
Our Gordon Road allotement site is opening on 27 August for the NGS gardens scheme https://t.co/RAkv0b98F0 Come along and see us - produce for sale, cakes, teas, honey and plants. 1.30 - 5pm pic.twitter.com/gQlaWIE1si— Finchley Hort Soc (@FinchleyHort) August 4, 2018
7. This looked fun, don't miss the next one!!
Really enjoyed leading yesterday's Cricklewood Memory Tour- so nice to share with & learn from inspiring locals residents! Special thanks for staff at Cricklewood Bus Garage and Brent mosque for your hospitality. Next memory tour: 19th Aug. #heritage #stories #community pic.twitter.com/UKiwsofVTH— Living London (@livinglon) August 12, 2018
8. This is the sort of tweet I like. Next time I'm in East Finchley will probably try and comply!
PSA: Black Gull Books in East Finchley is so great. Go give them all your cash. pic.twitter.com/79QwTmVbCs— Hayley Campbell (@hayleycampbell) August 11, 2018
9. Fancy some great Jazz this week
15 Aug - John Fry's Home Cookin'- Bluesy group of top jazz players,- playing Duke Ellington, Fats Domino, Alain Toussaint, Horace Silver, boogie woogie, rhythm&blues, rock n’ roll, township kwela, big-band swing, bebop, or post-modernist freeform-you're in for a treat! - PLZ RT— Mill Hill Jazz Club (@millhilljazz) August 11, 2018
10. And finally, the Mill Hill Hall of Fame welcomes Madness!
The Mill Hill Music Complex Hall of fame #10 - And finally a little something from our mates in Madness! pic.twitter.com/HQyUAyyMUy— MillHillMusicComplex (@MillHillMusicCo) August 11, 2018
That's all folks