Don't forget to follow any tweeters who tickle you fancy
1. We start with a conundrum. Great to see the Police conducting crime prevention exercises in Burnt Oak, but why are Barnet Council not participating, when Brent are? Especially as the station is in Barnet?
Officers on patrol today at Burnt Oak Station alongside Brent Council, @LondonFire, @MPSBrent and @MPSBarnet to tackle antisocial behaviour in the station and the local area. Pop in and say hi 👋 #optungsten pic.twitter.com/GTb5HMxiqH— BTP London (@BTPLondon) August 22, 2018
2. Many locals will doubtless be saddened to see the sorry fate of The Saprrowhawk pub. For many years a great venue for live music and weddings. Thanks to the Mill Hill Historical Society for the story of how it was named
The interior of the Sparrow Hawk pub in Edgwarebury (now a @Tesco and @barnardos)— Mill Hill Hist Soc (@MHHistSoc) August 26, 2018
Named for the Countess of Salisbury who in the 12th Century gave her son the manor of Edgware in exchange for a yearly gift of a Sparrow Hawk. pic.twitter.com/Doj0RjDxbm
3. This is a story we've covered. It seems to me like the whole thing is being blown out of all proportion. I would suggest that the schook would be sensible to simply forget about it and move on.
Mill Hill school seeks legal action over rapper Stefflon Don's explicit music video https://t.co/e2Y1f4oL7y https://t.co/e2Y1f4oL7y— LawNewsIndex.com (@TheLawMap) August 24, 2018
4. More great work from Colindales litter pickers
My local bus stop swept of cigarettes end and litter, Lanacre Avenue QC stop@KeepBritainTidy@WayneKoda@NorthLondonHour@NCRA_NW9@GPOneStopShop@ZilchUK@mhlitterpickers@BarnetCouncil#BinTheButt #litterpick#litter@TfL@TfLBusAlerts pic.twitter.com/m5UFKQaFcX— Colindale Litter Pickers (@ColindaleLitter) August 25, 2018
5. A lovely picture of Edgware here from General Nostalgia
Station Road, Edgware in the mid 1960s. From the excellent Memories of Hendon collection, more here https://t.co/bi4Ed4CTW4@Barneteye @InsideEdgware pic.twitter.com/Shu99y8Qav— General Nostalgia (@MuseumOfThePast) August 26, 2018
6. Another great tweet from Samuel Levy, our local wildlife tweet of the week. I often pass Samuel on my walks with the mutts in the Totteridge valley. Should really say hello!
Today I finally reached 100 species for the year in the Totteridge Valley. It was quite unexpected! Enjoy! #londonbirds #rbnLNDhttps://t.co/ykhigpUyUp pic.twitter.com/i0AJ64YY5w— Samuel Levy (@FinchleyBirder) August 25, 2018
7.Did you know that Windsor Open Space is actually in Finchley.
Our new notice board & bird identification display have been installed by @BarnetCouncil— Windsor Open Space (@FofWOS) August 22, 2018
They will be officially opened on Saturday September 22; details nearer the time. @FinchleySociety @stephenshouse @LLPasture @FinchleyHort @elsiepr27460077 @FinchleyNursery @FinchleyGreat pic.twitter.com/P0bYMRmiQl
8. Who needs Hollywood when you have Cricklewood?
Who needs Hollywood when we have Cricklewood?! 😂💯— Neext! - Film (@NeextFilm) August 26, 2018
Lovely article written about Neext! Have a look! #cricklewood #filmmaking #filmmaker #london #ukfilm #IndieFilm #indiegogo #femalefilmmaker #FemaleLed #womeninfilm #femaleartist @LeoniTenius @LizavdSmissen pic.twitter.com/48kcSRBC58
9. Some great sights from around and about in Mill Hill
What a difference an hour makes! Darlands walk pic.twitter.com/U35HBeGlgX— A Better Mill Hill (@ABetterMillHill) August 20, 2018
10. What do musicians eat for breakfast?
Food of the Gods - our amazing selection of snacks for hungry musicians pic.twitter.com/3NdT4Dr7uh— MillHillMusicComplex (@MillHillMusicCo) August 23, 2018
That's all folks