I am sure that like us, you don't find pictures of empty supermarket shelves, reports on how many bog rolls there are in Tesco's Express or hysterically ill informed supposition very interesting, so here are a few things that we believe are!
1. Lets start with one of our favourite tweeters, doing what he always does, post interesting tweets. This is an especially poignant tweet for me. During the 1960's, one of my big holiday treats was to go with my Dad to collect spare parts for cars for his crash repair business. Perrys was one of the main destinations. Blokes in brown coats smoking ciggies, telling jokes and drinking tea. No computers, just blokes who knew where every bit was and what it did!
2. And the friends of Heybourne Park are similarly engaged in doing great things for the community
3. And these guys are also doing great things, we whole heartedly support protecting our waterwaysAnother great Cleanup with @Thames21!— Friends of Heybourne Park (@Heybournepark) March 12, 2020
30+ bags, a computer, mattress, knife, toy drone, bike, pram......removed from the Burnt Oak Brook and surrounding at Watling Park in Burnt Oak this time! Next River clean-up&restoration event at Watling Park,HA8 0RW Saturday 28 March,10.30am pic.twitter.com/RaAUekxvpo
4. More great tweets from the Mill Hill Historical SocietyApproximately A TON of waste removed from the Burnt Oak Brook with volunteers from the Brent Rivers and Communities project. There is a lot more to be done, please join next time -- 28th March @Thames21 @KeepBritainTidy #rivercleanup #greatbritishspringclean #barnet #greggs4good pic.twitter.com/UWB8gT1IEo— Your River Brent (@YourRiverBrent) March 12, 2020
5. You think things are bad? A timely reminder of how much worse they were just over a hundred years agoGodfrey sometimes worked for Captain Francis Grose, a populariser of antiquities. Here is his map and description of Middlesex in 1785.https://t.co/K0MDuOypSr pic.twitter.com/9xRryx8Bd2— Mill Hill Hist Soc (@MHHistSoc) March 10, 2020
6. It's all go at Clitterhouse farm in Cricklewood today!On this day in 1915, 2nd Lt Max Close, #Highland Light Infantry, died in #France aged 25. Educated at @christscolfinch Keen sportsman. Won many awards for shooting. Clerk with Abram Lyle Ltd that became @tateandlyleplc. His parents lived on East End Rd #Finchley #WeWillRemember pic.twitter.com/m8qLP5xSE2— St Paul’s Finchley (@StPaulsFinchley) March 14, 2020
7. Fancy a nice bit of cucumber? This is probably the most surreal tweet of the weekVery excited! First gate into our herb garden is done. The fence and gate have all been made from pallets. #upcycling at its best! Be a part of this amazing team. Get in touch. Join us Sat 10-2pm. @PostcodeLottery @cipcricklewood @barnetvolunteer @LdnFarmGarden pic.twitter.com/VmeqJFhJ9u— Clitterhouse Farm, Cricklewood (@clitterhouse) March 15, 2020
8. Well done to the lads at Hendon fire station, magnificent effortMAKE CUCUMBERS GREAT AGAIN!Celebrate Cucumber Currency Day at the Beaufort. Wednesday 18th March. YOU bring us the veg, WE’LL give you a FREE Hendricks & Tonic#BeaufortPark #Colindale #MillHill #youngspubs #Gin #CucumberCurrencyDay #Hendricks #FeverTree pic.twitter.com/DzsysvU6Xp— BeaufortPub (@BeaufortPub) March 11, 2020
9. This is good to see!Congratulations to firefighters from #Hendon fire station red watch @LFBBarnet for raising the most money in the Firefighters Christmas Competition 2019. In just two hours they raised £352.04 for charity. Station Commander Wolfenden presented the winners with a chocolate hamper pic.twitter.com/zymzFRHRkc— London Fire Brigade (@LondonFire) March 15, 2020
10. There are some great artists in our neighbourhood. Here is one of the finest!An interfaith contribution to fighting climate change: BoD Vice-President @EdwinShuker joined leaders from the Golders Green Islamic Centre, @LondonFaiths and @BMFForum to plant trees in their neighbourhood this morning. pic.twitter.com/icefWEq2be— Board of Deputies of British Jews (@BoardofDeputies) March 12, 2020
That's all folks!Check out this great video from one of the best up and coming singers in North West London https://t.co/ibYzkEwzD2— #MillHillMusicComplex (@MillHillMusicCo) March 15, 2020