Tuesday 29 June 2021

Our local Tories are looking forward to a very Spicy AGM tonight!

The joys of writing a local blog. Are you having a Pizza tonight whilst you watch the footie? What flavour? It looks like the Tories, who are having an AGM for their local association, will be having a bit of spicy sausage on theirs!

I've just been forwarded a whole stack of documents concerning the activities of one of the senior local Toriess. Various documents from companies house and the Land Registry, which seem to indicate that one of our councillors has some rather racy business interests (amonst other things). Who would have thought? Now from what I can see, at a very cursory glance there is nothing illegal in all this rather grown up activity. 

I'm not a prude, I'm all for consenting adults being able to enjoy themselves behind closed doors. Of course, I need to download all of these documents from the relevant websites, such as companies house, The Land Registry etc to ensure that they are not just clever photoshops to get us into trouble and as there is a rather important football match on tonight, it won't be for a couple of days. Then I have to ascertain whether there is a genuine public interest story. So be prepared to either see a blog in a few days of a rather spiced sausage nature, or a blog about how it is always worth checking whether documents are what they seem to be. If there is a genuine public interest story, you might hear a bit more about this matter. I love a bit of such tittle tattle, in truth though, II get sent a fair bit, but generally I take the view that unless people have their hand in the till, are exploiting people or are harming people it isn't a proper subject for a blog. 

I've got to be honest, I didn't think the local Tories had it in them. I hope they have an interesting  AGM.

No comments: