Have you had a good week? It's been a bit up and down for me, been enjoying Euro 2020 apart from Englands performance against Scotland. I'm off to Ronnie Scotts for my first dose of live music since Lockdown at lunchtime, preceded by a swift lager and a custard tart in Bar Italia. Well that's my week, here's what our lovely local Tweeters have been up to.
1. This tweet brought me unbridled happiness. They look delciious
Carrot courgette & feta fritters with fresh mint made by ladies from the ESOL class attending our Cook & Share class at Burnt Oak Women’s Group funded by @NN_WLondon Great dish for kids swap the veg use peas sweetcorn or grated broccoli add mint coriander or basil #cooking pic.twitter.com/AMYLhTftMd— BreadnButterCIC (@breadnbuttercic) June 18, 2021
2. I remember the Bald Faced Stagg well from the 1980's when my band had a residency there. It was actually a really good laugh!
The interior of The Bald Faced Stag, Burnt Oak, in the late 1960s.— NW London TimeMachine (@time_nw) June 11, 2021
Does anyone recall it looking like this?
A wonderful find on the National Brewery Centre Archive website. pic.twitter.com/iQaoPVvNWf
3. Loved standing on the terraces here. My dad's business was a sponsor in the 1960's and a couple of players worked for him at Mac Metals in Mill Hill
4. Who thought Cricklewood Train depot at night could look so fetching with a crescent moon!
A ground a day! Today's venue: Edgware Town FC, White Lion Ground, pictured in 1995. Check out our archive of football ground scans: https://t.co/NPByeOyT4H #football #groundhopping @groundtastic #tgsarchive #stadium #ground #groundhop #footballground #club pic.twitter.com/pO2rb62Wfe— Gavin Ellis/TGSPHOTO (@tgsphoto) June 19, 2021
Taken not after the beginning of my shift.— 🌈🏴 🇲🇹 Jamie❤️ (@JDrvr) June 14, 2021
Doing my 2nd shunt to change ends.
A nice crescent moon shining not long after sunset. Taken from North Reception end of Cricklewood depot. pic.twitter.com/66avuHdNlQ
5. In memory of Horace
I live in East Finchley. Took this photo outside North Finchley Sainsburys last month.— Adrian Farrell 💫 (@AdrianFarrellAT) June 20, 2021
Can't believe he's been gone 9 years. pic.twitter.com/TZvLW0uOyb
6. We love a good proverb here. This is a pretty good one from Finchley tutors
Idioms and proverbs often come up in the 11+ comprehension exams, so it’s a good idea to familiarise yourself with as many as possible.— North Finchley Tutors Ltd (@TutorsLtd) June 14, 2021
Keep noting these down in your journal so you’re familiar with them before the upcoming 11+ exams.#education #proverb #vocabulary pic.twitter.com/rVn8cQzrNW
7. If you follow Ian McGreevy you will learn something everyweek
”Franco Illuminated Signs came to Aerodrome Rd.Colindale in 1922. They were best known for making the neon signs to be found in Piccadilly from the 1920s to the 1970s.“— Ian McGreevy (@ian_mcgreevy) June 20, 2021
(LB Barnet on-line Archive)
8. We are big fans of Colindale foodbank and they need your support morer than ever in these times
9. Great picture of the Welsh Harp from The Mill Hill Historical Society
Photos of the installation of 5 iron syphons at the Welsh Harp in 1936 to prevent dangerous overflow in the case of flooding, following a deadly flood in Wales in 1925— Mill Hill Hist Soc (@MHHistSoc) June 16, 2021
Images from the @CanalRiverTrust pic.twitter.com/Ldwqf6xDib
10. If like me, you love a bit of Reggae and Ska, then check this out
This will be amazing https://t.co/w79y101XWs— #MillHillMusicComplex (@MillHillMusicCo) June 18, 2021
Have a great one!