1. I don't usually pick tweets that reference back to this blog, however the @time_nw account has asked a question that fascinated me. Are you in a less well known local band that has been playing for donkeys years? Tag in a message and some pics on the timeline
2. A couple of nice local items on this thread
NW London band 'The False Dots' have been playing since they formed back in 1979.— NW London TimeMachine (@time_nw) October 1, 2022
So, here's a question - how many other, (non-huge), NW London music acts have lasted as long, and still perform?
More on The False Dots here, thanks to @Barneteye https://t.co/jpUvYH2D5E pic.twitter.com/hoeLuV4Ve1
3. A great thread here for those of you interested in the history of East Finchley. I've never seen these before
My first thought was that the building looked a little like Finchley Central. Didn’t occur to me that it was the original East Finchley station. Here’s one taken from the opposite direction. pic.twitter.com/fDdMnPRDtA— East Finchley (@EastFinchleyN2) October 1, 2022
4. We started with a few words about an iconic grassroots music venue. Here's a tweet about a grassroots music venue that we tragically lost
Torrington Arms Hotel, 811 High Road, North Finchley N12 At 60 High Street in 1926, and at 811 High Road by 1937 pic.twitter.com/oJ3n5Y5xRN— Alan Russell (@soxgnasher) October 1, 2022
5. The wildlife pic of the week on this rather lovely thread!
Ours is looking healthy! pic.twitter.com/KcNG6pKlyx— Donald Lyven (@barnet_rebel) September 26, 2022
6. Can you help a local Cricket club?
7. Nice bit of local football writing here. Good luck with the articles
My first (hopefully of many) feature in the @hadleyfc @HadleyBricks programme tonight…and our first win of the season. As a Barnet boy born and bred, I am home! 🧱 🧱🧱 #HadleyFC #Bricks pic.twitter.com/e3WL0zrhVs— Adam Perry (@Peza100) September 27, 2022
8. Fancy a film, a couple of belters on here!
This week's film times are up & we have great selections for you - Dior, Bowie, Cohen, Kubrick, live ballet & theatre:— Phoenix Cinema (@Phoenixcinema) October 1, 2022
@MrsHarrisMovie@MoonageMov@CohenHallelujah@StanleyKubrick@PathsOfGlory@TheRoyalBallet #Mayerling@NTLive #JackAbsolute#EastFinchley #WhatsOn @N2United pic.twitter.com/aNDlkiMClG
9. Check this out
Autopia Social @artsdepot artsdepot— MJ Gardner (@MJGardnerProds) September 13, 2022
Thursday 20th of October Midday to 4pm.
AUTOPIA creates a warm and secure space for dreaming.
What's your dream creative space? What's your utopia?
Join myself and @gillidactyl and come have an explore.https://t.co/jFBq4sC35C pic.twitter.com/ObNAOAtHtZ
10. A date for your diary. Two music legends for the price of one!
That's all folks!