Saturday 18 April 2009

London Assembly Member in Standards Row



Paragraph 5 - "You must not conduct yourself in a manner which could reasonably be regarded as bringing your office or the authority into disrepute."

It seems that a certain, high profile London Assembly member has been attracting complaints for his behaviour. It had been suggested that he broke the section of the code detailed above.

The full details of this issue are listed here on This Blog page (click here).

I must say that this is a rather interesting case not so much for the actual issue, but I can see that there will be ripples felt for a long time over the outcome. I think that the outcome was correct. Whilst I don't agree with Mr Evans on this issue, I most certainly don't think his comments were offensive. From what I've seen of him, he's actually quite a mild mannered chap. If we ban phrases like "climate change Taliban" then we're probably in no position to criticise the Taliban at all.

No comments: