Thursday 30 April 2009

Captain Useless: An apology


Of all Barnets well known Tories, in my opinion the most sensible is "Don't Call Me Dave" Miller. If they all followed his example, I suspect that my blog would be a rather different and less political beast. If David says I've been unfair, then I listen and think long and hard as to whether he's picked up on something I missed. He has claimed that I missed some "hidden gems" in Matthews sailing blog and that I rather rashly dismissed it, in his latest BLOG.

I thought I'd have a closer look at Matthews sailing blog. Sure enough, it's crammed full of hidden nuances that my rather sledgehammer like approach to Matthews nuts had missed.

First Matthew says :-

But most of all sailing as a crew teaches leadership.
Now I thought back and who was the most high profile British Prime Minister with a love of sailing? Surely it must be good old Ted Heath, who was famed for his exploits on "The Morning Cloud". Ted Heath was the Prime Minister who took Great Britian into the EEC and made the Tories into the party of Europe. Is Matthew a secret Heathite? We could be on to something here. He starts the blog with the following quote :-

A criticism of politicians (yes, I know there is a list) is that many do not have any interests outside of politics – making them very one-dimensional.
Now which Prime Minister was famous for being obsessed with politics, to the exclusion of all else? Margaret Thatcher. If you contrast Heath's interests with Thatchers on their Wiki entries, you will see the stark contrast.

Matthew also say :-
One reason I don’t like The Apprentice is because on the occasions I have watched the show everyone is trying to get one over the other contestants.
This is a very interesting comment. At a recent Council meeting, Matthew rather put one over Councillor Andrew Harper, blaming him for the cock up at Aerodrome Road, where millions of pounds have been lost due to contractor overruns. Given that Matthew had negotiated the contracts, this was, shall we say, a bit unfair.

So what can we deduce from Matthews coded messages? Well I guess he hopes to be a good a Leader as fellow Yatchsman Ted Heath. I look forward to the powercuts, three day week, strikes & Inflation should he ever get his dream and make PM.

As to David's crticism. I apologise to my readers for my original blog. I should have been much harsher on reflection.

1 comment:

Don't Call Me Dave said...

Rog

In his blog, Cllr Offord said “This leads to a cerebral paralysis where they can’t see anything but what they are doing”In other words, politicians without outside interests are bonkers!

My sources tell me that the gang of three are attempting to marginalise Cllr Offord who has never been forgiven by them for robbing her ladyship of the deputy crown.