Sunday 27 February 2011

Barnet Eye the Movie Update - Jabba the Coleman becomes a world wide star and other blogite stats

Firstly an update on the progress for the film. I've had an unprecidented amount of interest in it so far. I've been inundated with suggestions, offers of footage and offers of locations and suggestions to shoot the film at.

My primary concern is to make the film watchable and interesting. If it is "worthy but dull" I will have failed. The feedback from the trailer has been good. People have said that the trailer has been great.

Here's a little wish list of things I want.

* Someone with a helicopter who can take me for a spin, so I can film Mill Hill, Brent Cross, Hendon, Stonegrove and Totteridge Valley

* A fat suit

* Video footage of our local councillors in action

* Young filmmakers who have clips etc
------------------------------------
Now on to Councillor Brian Coleman

Our local hero, Councillor Brian Coleman has become a worldwide star - courtesy of this blog!

Listed below are the top five most popular blogs of all time on this blog. The third most popular is  "Brian Coleman finally defeats Rog T". I was alerted to this because this morning it suddenly leapt to the top of my "Most Popular Blogs" list in the sidebar (which is this weeks most popular blogs)


2 Aug 2010, 3 comments 
 

6 May 2009

12 Aug 2010, 1 comment

26 Sep 2010, 3 comments

8 Mar 2009, 2 comments 
 
Further drilling showed that of the last 500 hits,  44 have come from searching on the keyword "Jabba the Hut". Here are the top ten seraches (excluding barnet eye and Rog T)

Number  Percent Search
44    27.85%    jabba the hut
5       3.16%    shannon powell
5       3.16%    john prescott
3       1.90%    imelda may
3       1.90%    iranian woman
2       1.27%    barnet blogs
2       1.27%    new labour isn't working
2       1.27%    twatman strikes again
2       1.27%    broadway bikes west hendon
2       1.27%    "Labour Isn't Working"

These Jabba searches have arrived from all over the world. I do wonder what they make of it all when they find a piece on Londons finest public servant.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
On to the week ahead. Tuesday is the big one. That is the day when Barnet Council meet to approve the Budget. One of my moles at the Council has informed me that the Cabinet are in a state of panic at the prospect of disruption. They have put in place elaborate plans to adjourn to "private rooms" if necessary. 
The plan involves making use of fire escapes and a form of lockdown of the Town Hall. My kindly source has leaked all of these plans to me. Now if I was an urban terrorist who believed in anarchy and insurrection, there would be no budget set on Tuesday. The plan is rather weak and rather flawed, especially as I now know what they are doing. In fact the whole concept of their plan is based on several rather dim assumptions. It was quite fun working out a way to completely stymie it.

Happily for our esteemed Councillors, I believe in democracy. I don't believe in civil insurrection to stop a council meeting. I think that what will happen will reflect far worse on them than if we stopped the lawful, legal process of setting a budget. 

What amazes me is that Barnet Council Cabinet seem to think they are under attack from a rabid lynch mob. They need to man up. If they can't cope with a few OAP's, pensioners, middle class yummy mummys and a few bedraggled Trades Unionists shouting at them occasionally in a meeting, they really are a complete bunch of knobheads.

Lets just say that if I really wanted to knobble this bunch of idiots, I'd just get up rather early in the morning with a tub of superglue. Hasn't it occurred to them that all of their employees are rather fed up with them. If you can't open a door, you cant go in.

If I was them, and I really believed that there was a problem, I'd get a new plan !

1 comment:

baarnett said...

I see in the Barnet Times here that Lynne is refusing to let the public record its meeting on mobile phones.

Maybe people will anyway.

She says, "Can you imagine how chaotic it would be if the whole public gallery was trying to film the meeting?"

Yes Lynne, we can. It would allow people to view the shambles of your administration even more clearly.