As regular readers will know, The Barnet Eye has been instrumental in setting up the Save London Music campaign. We have our official Launch party this Friday. There are four great bands playing, who all showcase just what a magnificent music city we have. Why do we need a campaign?
* London Music Venues and Studios are closing at an alarming rate
* Londons next generation of musicians need venues and studios to flourish
* Music is one area where the UK leads the world but without the London music scene this will change
* People come from all over the world to listen to music in London venues, as they close, London becomes a less attractive destination
* Musicians come from all over the world to use Londons excellent music studios, if they close, we will lose his vital source of creative regeneration.
To whet your appetite for this fantastic event, here is a taster of what you can expect. We've chosen an eclectic line up featuring London based musicians, with roots all over the world. Entry is free and the fun starts from 7.30pm
Our headliner is the Mighty Dell Richardson of Osibisa
Next on the bill are The False Dots. Here is a taster from their forthcoming album "Songs of Love and War"
Then we have the amazing Hamptons
And the simply awesome Black Doldrums