Tuesday 23 May 2017

Manchester Attack - Straight to Hell

Sometimes it is hard to know what to say. An attack on a bunch of young girls and their parents attending a concert, of an artist who appeals to young children. What could be more vile and sick? I've got family in Manchester, 2 nephews and their families and I am worried sick for them, their family and friends. As a musician and concert organiser, it feels a very personal attack. As a father of two beautiful daughters, I can only cry at the thought of anyone wishing to harm any child. I find it impossible to comprehend how someone could do such an atrocity in persuit of a religious aim. Whatever perversion of faith leads to this in incomprehensible to me. It seems that the killer is now dead. One assumes he believes in heaven and hell. It is time for religious leaders of all persuasions to stand up and say, unequivably that anyone who harms an innocent child, who is no threat to anyone is simply on a one way ticket straight to hell. That's really all I can say about this appalling attack right now.

No comments: