1. We start with some fine Jazz! Check this out
Jo Devall and her "Boys" - 4th April - Jo and her amazing Jazz Band will be entertaining you this week. A veteran of various musicals in The West End she is now doing a rare performance in her home towns of Mill Hill and Barnet. Please RT.— Mill Hill Jazz Club (@millhilljazz) March 30, 2018
2. Barnet Rebel bemoans the changes to roofing eaves in Burnt Oak and it's effect on the local bird population
Excellent; the accessible eaves being an important part of their preferred habitat. In Burnt Oak, HA8 all the council owned properties had their roofs replaced; the local sparrows did not fair well... pic.twitter.com/jLAYylzgKJ— ❄⛄Donald Lyven⛄❄ (@barnet_rebel) March 29, 2018
3. Looks like 2nd Edgware Scouts are having some fun this Easter! Great to see them out and about.
Ding ding! We had a wicked time #bellboating yesterday, racing across the waters and balancing on the boats in skilful games.— 2nd Edgware Scouts (@2ndEdgwareScout) April 1, 2018
Thanks to the awesome crew at Phoenix Outdoor Activity Centre! pic.twitter.com/MkfzZfx3f1
4. Today is the 100th Anniversary of the founding of the Royal Air Force. Where better to celebrate it?
RT @prettejohn: The RAF museum in Edgware, London is absolutely brilliant. The newly refurbished World War 1 gallery is superb and a magnificent tribute to the fearless flying men and women of 100 years ago. Best of all it's free! @RAFMUSEUM pic.twitter.com/yokCHewYrb— RAF Museum (@RAFMUSEUM) March 31, 2018
5. You gotta take the Ruff with the smooth! The Dogs Trust will be hosting an event in Colindale this week
Free dog microchipping in Grahame Park Colindale Please RT @NCRA_NW9 @MPSColindale @ColindaleFB @BarnetHomes @ChandosArmsPub @GenesisHousing @NottingHillHG @DogsTrust pic.twitter.com/gRjpAx1DIs— GP One Stop Shop (@GPOneStopShop) March 22, 2018
6. You never know what you might see on a stroll along Dollis Brook
I decided to have a little wonder along the Dollis Brook today and was surprised to find a pair of Kingfisher, Grey Wagtails, and lots of Noisy Nuthatches as well as a calling Lesser Spotted Woodpecker! #londonbirds pic.twitter.com/xjEBsaQA7C— Samuel Levy (@FinchleyBirder) March 27, 2018
7. It seems that Barnet Market is doomed. What price our history?
**News Flash** The site of #Barnet market, North #London, been sold to Locate Developments, with word being they'll construct #hotel + managed by #PremierInn. Where that puts traders anyone's guess. There goes >800yrs of history down tube. WDYT? #property #markets #realestate #UK pic.twitter.com/sokGJrQQvp— RL Aitken (@AitkenRL) March 30, 2018
8. As it's Easter Sunday, here is a lovely tweet of Hendon Methodist Church.
Hendon Methodist Church (1937) by Herbert Welch and Felix Lander https://t.co/rLZsR9wSkt #hendon #Barnet pic.twitter.com/mnfl1caqf0— Modernism in Metroland (@mod_in_metro) March 27, 2018
9. Spring is coming (you better believe it!), and with it the Mill Hill Markets return
Hello #MillHill! Join us for Saturdays in the Square #food and #drink market in Mill Hill Town Square on 14 April from 11am-4pm. All your #foodie favourites! @mangiamouk #pizza, #African food, @silmartaste #Portuguese treats, #coffee, #sourdough #bread, #fudge, #jam - yum! pic.twitter.com/ACDu3bZNQe— Vibe Market (@VibeMarket) March 26, 2018
10. Some rather fine music is being made in Mill Hill!
That's all folks!