1. There was a little party for the tenth birthday of Barnets best loved blog. Some people showed up and we had a blast. The Midland Hotel is at risk of redevelopment by developer and we were collecting objections. Another 44 were collected at the party. There was live music from the False Dots and WondrWoman. In short we had a blast
The False Dots #rock #live #music #barnet They've cleared out your desk https://t.co/G7OpfiWnN7 pic.twitter.com/IsyHWVYlt5— John V. Keogh (@JoViKe) October 13, 2018
@kidwondr live at The Barnet Eye 10th Birthday right now at The Midland Hotel,Hendon #SaveTheMidland https://t.co/K2dGYu6Kdh— MillHillMusicComplex (@MillHillMusicCo) October 13, 2018
2. Whilst I fully support the work of the Burnt Oak Police in enforcing controls on street drinking, I can't help but feel a sense that this is a criminal waste of perfectly good beer!
With the introduction of the PSPO in Burnt Oak yesterday this gives the @MPSBarnet and @BarnetCouncil officers the power to confiscate alcohol from those who have or will cause ASB in the area. This one is for the local residents & businesses. pic.twitter.com/gOEyVegK0g— Burnt Oak Police (@MPSBurntOak) October 9, 2018
3. I hope Barnet Council aren't suggesting we house homeless people in houses that are collapsing and have no roof!
Empty Homes Week starts on Monday. Please tell us if there's an empty home near you: 0208 359 4359, firstname.lastname@example.org— Barnet Council (@BarnetCouncil) October 13, 2018
We will contact the owner and offer help to bring the house back into use.
#barnet #colindale #edgware #childshill #millhill #hendon #finchley pic.twitter.com/ivOWnQilt3
4. Here's a date for your diary, a great chance to stock up on your marrows and pickles
Hendon Community Allotment is a real asset to our local community. That is why as local councillors we are pleased to support the group. Please go along to their Halloween Party which was funded by Hendon Ward Community Chest if you are free. pic.twitter.com/8g1KyIF6Dy— Michael Mordey (@michaelmordey) October 14, 2018
5. As mentioned elsewhere, a burst water main on Grahame Park Way is causing disruption to roads and water supplies
No mains water this morning in Mill Hill or Colindale? Thats because it’s flooding out the ground onto Grahame Park Way. Thanks @AffinityWater! This is not going to be fun with an 11 day old baby. 💦 👶 🍼 ❌ pic.twitter.com/ifTi4QnEFN— Tom Lavelle (@TELavelle) October 14, 2018
6. Stuck for something to do tonight
It's our final Evening of Conceptual Absurdity at #Finchley Youth Theatre tonight! Don't miss the chance to see 8 weird and fantastic plays in this great venue before we transfer to the Hen & Chickens: https://t.co/Dnhzb0qXxR pic.twitter.com/reHGQSzbV5— A&BDrama (@ab_drama) October 14, 2018
7.Scumbaggery afoot. Please keep an eye out
My great great grandfather passed this violin down to my daughter It was taken during a recent burglary at her flat in NW6 ldn. It's v distinctive. Pls RT ❤ pic.twitter.com/PI2MkvL94N— Melissa Harman (@Stanzalone) October 2, 2018
8. You know where to get tasty fresh baguettes
9. Another date for the diary
FREE family event #CFP #TheFarmGarden come celebrate our harvest and our amazing year!@NW2_RA @ggera_nw @WHarvesters @NorthLDNActive farm animals, apple bobbing and much more pic.twitter.com/SB5c57YCQQ— Clitterhouse Farm, Cricklewood (@clitterhouse) October 13, 2018
10. And finally, Halloween will soon be upon us!
Our famous Halloween Party is coming soon! pic.twitter.com/6c8TuII09a— The Chandos Arms (@ChandosArmsPub) October 13, 2018
That's all folks!