Friday 5 October 2018

The Friday Joke 5/10/2018 - One for all of you ex alter servers!

 Little Joey enters the confessional to tell Father O'Reilly of his sins.
"Bless me Father, for I have sinned. I have been with a very naughty girl."
Fr O'Reilly asks, "Is that you, little Joey Pagano?"
"Yes, Father, it is."
"And who was the girl you were with?"
"I can't tell you, Father. I don't want to ruin her reputation."
"Well, Joey, I'm sure to find out her name sooner or later so you may as well tell me now. Was it Tina Minetti?"
"I cannot say."
"Was it Teresa Mazzarelli?"
"I'll never tell."
"Was it Nina Capelli?"
"I'm sorry, but I cannot name her."
"Was it Cathy Piriano?"
"My lips are sealed."
"Was it Rosa DiAngelo, then?"
"Please, Father! I cannot tell you."
Father O'Reilly sighs in frustration. "You're very tight lipped, and I admire that. But you've sinned and have to atone. You cannot be an altar boy now for 4 months. Now you go and behave yourself."
Joey walks back to his pew, and his friend Franco slides over and whispers, "What'd you get?"
"Four months off and five good leads..."
------------------------------------------------------------------
Next Thursday is our tenth Birthday Party. To celebrate , we are having a party at The Midland Hotel in Hendon. We specially selected this pub, because it is under threat of closure and demolition. What better way to celebrate the birthday of a campaigning blog than at the site of a well loved landmark we are trying to save.

There will be live music and I am hoping for a few of our team of guest bloggers to say a few words about how the Barnet Eye has helped their campaigns. We will have the Barnet Capita wall on site for you to sign, as well as the Save The Midland petition. I will also be distrubuting a special, limited edition Barnet Eye brochure, which I am sure will one day sell for millions on Ebay. This will feature a selection of some of the best Friday Jokes!

Please come along. We are delighted to announce that Kid Wondr will be joining us for an amazing night of music! 
The Barnet Eye is ten years old in October
Please come to our Birthday Party!
Kid Wondr

No comments: