Special Guest Tweet of the Week.
This is terrorism, pure and simple. https://t.co/bI4Enexy8N— Nancy Sinatra (@NancySinatra) July 24, 2019
1. Mark Amies has been campaigning for the Railway Hotel in Edgware to be restored to its former glory for a very long time. We've supported him for a very long time. Lets hope that sooner or later Barnet Council and Historic England start doing their job and get on the case.
This window is open. It has no glass in it. Please take note @HistoricEngland . #railwayhoteledgware pic.twitter.com/s4P7opf6kZ— Mark Amies (@Superfast72) July 23, 2019
2. I must check out the churchyard at St Mary's in Finchley. This is a wonderful picture
at the Cartwright rededication service on Wednesday, a local historian pointed out another gem in St Mary’s churchyard: the Norris memorial (1779), a rare outside engraving in Portland stone, based on the classical subject of Agrippina mourning Germanicus. pic.twitter.com/N4ZWeFCmgF— St Mary-at-Finchley (@StMarysFinchley) July 19, 2019
3. And while we're on the subject of places worth a visit in Finchley, Stephens House is well worth a look
Weekend strolls. @stephenshouse, Finchley. A green #oasis in suburban #London. The Avenue House is an 1859 Grade II listed Victorian villa with “gardenesque” #gardens + a castle-like walled garden (the Bothy), which is one of the earliest non-Roman concrete structures in England pic.twitter.com/kFbHxirJLZ— Speculative Cities (@spec_cities) July 20, 2019
4. A massive congratulations to the Finchley Childrens Music Group for their amazing performance at the BBC Proms
20 of our Chamber Choir singers have been singing at the @bbcproms! 🌟🌟🌟— Finchley Children's Music Group (@fcmgchoir) July 22, 2019
Here they are giving the world premiere of @HansZimmer's Earth 🌎 and then enjoying the sun outside the @RoyalAlbertHall 🌞#TripToTheMoon 🌚@CBeebiesHQ pic.twitter.com/HRQo51CUUD
5. Here is a really important date for your diary from Mill Hill's oldest family business
6. Happy 100th Birthday for one of Mill Hill's most esteemed figuresTHE BIG 90— Inside Mill Hill (@InsideMillHill) July 28, 2019
On Wednesday the 31st July, @FinchleyNursery Mill Hill will be celebrating 90 years in business. There will be 2 sets of music and the celebrations will commence at 3pm and go on until 10pm with food served in the evening. pic.twitter.com/6IKGj4ETX5
Happy belated 100th birthday to chemist and environmentalist Dr James Lovelock!— Mill Hill Hist Soc (@MHHistSoc) July 27, 2019
At Mill Hill's NIMR developed cures for burns during the Second World War where he preferred to carry out painful experiments on himself rather than rabbits.https://t.co/DpNQNROxxV pic.twitter.com/gnDaHBVzqD
7. Fancy getting funky in Colindale? A date for your diary
8. Probably the funniest local tweet of the week! (Although not funny for Ed Holloway)August the 3rd we welcome back the King and 'Other King' of Funk and Soul! Thats right peeps, Dex and Mercy are here for your funking pleasure and delight. pic.twitter.com/nL5PbviLVr— The Chandos Arms (@ChandosArmsPub) July 27, 2019
I'll be catching a Schrodinger's train tonight.— Ed Holloway (@ej_holloway) July 22, 2019
The @TLRailUK 17:11 from Cricklewood both on time and cancelled. pic.twitter.com/iI91JmYHdH
9. Stiffleaf likes one of our local landmarks! Looks like it needs a lick of paint thoigh
London pub signs: the Yorkshire Grey in Holborn, the Bald Faced Stag in East Finchley, the Black Cap in Camden, the King's Arms in Borough pic.twitter.com/QOT9f4HzQ0— stiffleaf (@stiffleaf) July 26, 2019
10. Need an environmentally friendly delivery service in London?
Sending a PA back to @millhillmusicco via @pedalmeapp - two speakers, mixer, cables, three stands all in a neat bag.— Jon (@jonny_smash) July 23, 2019
Don’t tell me this isn’t a viable alternative to vans. pic.twitter.com/bT3wND3HDC
Well, that's nearly all folks, but as a special treat for you, as we are big fans of Nancy Sinatra, and she's now following us, here is one of her finest moments
Have a great weekend and don't let the bugs bite!