1. Tha saga of the long, slow death of the Railway Hotel in Edgware takes another sad turn. This is a story we've been following for rather too long. In what sort of world is this fine building left to rot.
2. One of the less visited parts of the Borough, Graham Park Parade looks set for new found fame!Travellers seen at the car park of beloved former pub Railway Hotel Edgware @Superfast72 @EdgwareRailway @lindi_lmf @swardle30 @Barneteye @EandBCAMRA @HistoricEngland #pubprotection https://t.co/ui0ETar0vq— Saving London Pubs (@PubsSaving) October 10, 2019
3. Hats off to the hard work of Mark Warren of the Mill Hill litter pickers for getting this story into the news and getting some action. An absolute storm of argument has since followed following an attempt by Hendon Conservative MP Matthew Offord to take all of the credit. Many local residents were very disappointed that Mr Offord neglected to mention the efforts of Mark Warren and let their feelings be known on both Twitter and Facebook.The best chip shop & Chinese take away in the borough of Barnet, New Ocean Bar, at: 1 The Concourse, Grahame Park, NW9 is being used to film an advert today! Only plaice in the borough to get chips for £1.30; whereas most chippies are charging £1.80! @BarnetCouncil @Barneteye pic.twitter.com/3xbCUsZnpH— Donald Lyven (@barnet_rebel) October 8, 2019
4. Colindale also has a rather good litter picking group, so if you are not busy on Saturday.One of our members being interviewed on national television last night, talking about the mega dump in Mill Hill #millhillflytip— Mill Hill Litter Pickers (@MHLitterPickers) October 10, 2019
See the full interview at https://t.co/KQF8GBgdDn pic.twitter.com/ohc4hRsJr0
📣Clean-up events around Colindale this October— Colindale Litter Pickers Association 🚮♻️ (@ColindaleLitter) October 12, 2019
1 PM, join us next to @ChandosArmsPub &
3 PM, Colindale Park, next to Co-Op
We aim to tackle the usual litter, cigarettes ends and bottle caps 🚬🚮
Gear and guidance provided 😀💚@BarnetCouncil @KeepBritainTidy pic.twitter.com/vPTsnVHyKc
5. And while we are in Colindale, this looks amazing. An evening with PAul Canonville, the first black Chelsea player. I think I'll be making my way along to this one.
6. The 8th Hendon Scout group smashed it this week. Well done to all. We are big supporters of our amazing local scout groups, who provide such amazing activities and days outA Black History Month Special🖤— Lady P Female Promoter🎼💃❤️ (@p_female) October 12, 2019
An evening with Paul Canoville
Saturday 19th October 2019
@STAY CLUB COLINDALE
16-18 Charcot Road
London NW9 5WU
💰£15pp teenagers welcome!
7PM to 10PM 🖤
on the link belowhttps://t.co/4JzYL8Sxoh#football #Racism pic.twitter.com/r7jnRg84Rj
7. Like a bit of fruit and veg? Here's a date for your diary!Congratulations to our two amazing teams for completing the @C20Challenge! Our senior team came a fantastic 34th and our junior team came a brilliant 8th! 🥾⛰🏆— 8th Hendon Scout Group (@8thHendonScouts) October 12, 2019
•#skillsforlife #scouts #scouting #hiking #barnetscouts #hike #teamworkmakesthedreamwork #chiltern20 pic.twitter.com/QH4uqou1ym
8. This is our historical tweet of the weekDate for the diary: Bonfire Party, Sunday 3rd November,— Finchley Hort Soc (@FinchleyHort) October 12, 2019
4pm-6pm, Gordon Road Allotments, with Tony’s famous pumpkin soup. Open to FHS members and their families. Please RSVP to June. pic.twitter.com/LoharWgPxb
9. Want some quality Jazz in Mill HillThe Tram route out to Canons Park, circa 1930s. pic.twitter.com/SyYqD6hVyE— NW London TimeMachine (@time_nw) October 11, 2019
10. And a date for your diary, if you love live music!Marco Marconi and his Men - 16 October - Marco returns to MHJC to provide an evening of absolute magical music. His mastery of the piano and his absolute involvement with every piece he plays puts Marco amongst the very best of Jazz musicians working in the UK today. Please RT.— Mill Hill Jazz Club (@millhilljazz) October 12, 2019
Join us for a the 40th Anniversary Party of Mill Hill Music Complex at The @AdamAndEveNW7 Mill Hill - 8pm Friday November 1st - Free Entryhttps://t.co/RSeVdUSHzb— MillHillMusicComplex (@MillHillMusicCo) October 9, 2019
Live music with The Ron Lewis Partnership and The False Dots + Rog T's Ska/Reggae DJ set pic.twitter.com/Hrm5bH8rCh
That's all folks!