So on this auspicious day, when the Barnet Eye passed the incredible milestone of 3 million views, what have the Tweeters of the London Borough of Barnet got to say for themselves?
1. It only seems right to start with a plug for one of our local foodbanks
New self-referral #Foodbank operating from St Alphage Burnt Oak on Fridays between 2-4pm.— Barnet Together (@BarnetTogether) March 25, 2021
Any questions get in touch via phone or email.#BurntOak #Barnet #StrongerTogether #NeverMoreNeeded pic.twitter.com/iVw1Lr5zfV
2. Some nice local history from Copthall School
Facts about #CopthallSchool: Two #girls #schools were founded to form Copthall School in the #1930s, one of these was Woodcroft School in #BurntOak and another was a #Grammar School. An entrance test was essential to gain a place. #education #Barnet #MargaretThomas @BarnetCouncil pic.twitter.com/cElY2Hpix0— Copthall School (Headteacher- Evelyn Forde MBE) (@Copthall_School) March 22, 2021
3. Those of us who are long time locals will enjoy these pictures of Edgware cinema, sadly no longer with us
4. However it's not too late to save The Railway Hotel in Edgware. Be Like Paul at Modern Attics and sign the petition!
5. We cannot speak highly enough of the efforts of Ben Watts and the Friends of the Welsh Harp
Missed it? Here's the east marsh transformation at Brent Reservoir (Welsh Harp). Water level up, decades of debris removed. Thanks to @CanalRiverTrust for acting. Long road ahead for water quality, other plastics & silt, but for now let's celebrate. Campaign! pic.twitter.com/ywAceMHaNy— Ben Watt (@ben_watt) March 27, 2021
6. We are also big admirers of the work of the friends of the Silkstream. Awful to hear of the oil pollution this week
Good to see that the @EnvAgencySE has followed up on the oil spillage in the #Silkstream which we reported earlier and are working to recover the oil from the stream and have placed another boom in the river to stop the oil from flowing on&polluting the Welsh Harp! @thameswater https://t.co/OBSa9JHOJI pic.twitter.com/rRGE1aQL9A— Friends of the Silk Stream (@silkstreamers) March 24, 2021
7. Great to see local sports clubs starting to open up, especially for young people
Looking for something to get your kids active? Join us for @allstarscricket very Friday from May 7th to June 25th in #millhill. Details and book via https://t.co/ns6Enusc0v#cricket #lovecricket pic.twitter.com/rBxrPMLGpZ— Mill Hill Village CC (@MHVCricketClub) March 28, 2021
8. Those of us who have used Thameslink over the years, will remember the pong of the rubbish trains from Cricklewood. The last one has no run and the waste transfer station has been closed
9. Did you know Colindale Police station is closing for refurbishment and you'll have to go to Barnet to report crimes etc?
Colindale Police Station closing temporarily for refurbishment https://t.co/jsknuD1Xvw— Brent & Kilburn Times (@bktimes) March 26, 2021
10. One of our finest local singers has been making a name for hersef this week
Great to hear @vocalfreaknat talking about her new single on @BBCRadioLondon on @CarrieGrant1 and @DavidGrantSays show. Great track and good to hear it on the radio. Video shot in studio 6 https://t.co/svwV0gySXQ— #MillHillMusicComplex (@MillHillMusicCo) March 27, 2021
That's all Folks!