Some weeks writing this feature is easy, it writes itself. Some weeks I spend hours trawling. I'll let you guess what this week was. I'll give you a hint, I think it is a pretty good selection!
1. If you live in Burnt Oak and you've lost your Guinea Pig, this may be of interest
2. WHilst we're in Burnt Oak, how about a little bit of 'Professional' Action
3. Historical Tweet of the week. Back when parts of Burnt Oak were known as Redhill
"A day with the "Remount" Committee-Purchasing army horses at Redhill, Edgware" , an illustration from 'The Graphic' , 1878.— NW London TimeMachine (@time_nw) March 1, 2021
I'm not sure exactly where this was, but Redhill is the area going up from Colindale to Burnt Oak, and I do know that Shoelands Farm dealt with horses. pic.twitter.com/CQRiJa3UI2
4. One of our favourite local pubs
Let's hope our local @ChandosArmsPub survives and let's make this local #communitypub open with a bang in May. #cheers @emkolltveit @Colindale_BLP @Barneteye @ItjlColindale #saveourpubs @cct_colindale @time_nw @MyBarnetTV #colindale https://t.co/3hUdAzqdhl— New Colindale Residents Association (@NCRA_NW9) March 3, 2021
5. A marvellous initiative
This week is Food Waste Action Week and we want to take this opportunity to thank our food banks and partners who help support those within our community suffering from food poverty. The hub distributes over 7 tonnes of food weekly so up to 28 tonnes of CO2-eq emissions avoided. pic.twitter.com/inIkRg3ufk— Young Barnet Fdn. #NeverMoreNeeded (@Young_Barnet) March 5, 2021
6. We love a trip to Elstree reservoirs. So does Samuel Levy
Day 61:— Samuel Levy (@FinchleyBirder) March 6, 2021
Today's cycle ride saw me head up to the Elstree Reservoirs.
Highlights included this pair of Great Crested Grebe displaying and the Great Northern Diver was still on Aldenham CP Res. #londonbirds #hertsbirds pic.twitter.com/u4DSPZofEe
7. I doubt too many will miss this particular train. I can recall the pong as it hurtled through Mill Hill when I was on my morning commute
The end is nigh : the #Thameslink routes most smelliest train, the #BinLiner conveying containerised household waste runs for the last time at the end of March as #Cricklewood site is cleared for #BrentCross regeneration 🚮 through the years #Traction pics courtesy PH, 66- rm pic.twitter.com/Joqh1hCHRl— Robin Morel (@13milepost) March 7, 2021
8. Lots of talk on twitter of a mystery Troll. A Better Mill Hill found him!
9. We agree!
Please nominate the #GrandArcadeN12 for local listing before April 2021. Send nominations to: LocalListNominations@barnet.gov.uk— IncludeourStreetsN12 (@IOSNTwelve) March 6, 2021
The Arcade, Rex House & the Kidz Escape are of local heritage importance to our community, it contributes to the townscape & character of Tally-Ho. pic.twitter.com/8c88e2EcKp
10. Today is the Manchester Derby and so here is a tweet to celebrate from Mill Hill, home of many Prawn Sandwich bragaders (only joking)
That's all folks!