So here we are again, at the end of the week. Today is the first Sunday off that I've had since the start of the year, so it is noce to be able to chill out and enjoy the rain! It is nice to have a cup of tea and enjoy putting this together in a leisurely fashion for a change, whilst watching the recording of Match of the day!
Anyway, here's our selection of the very best tweets from the nicest tweeters in our neighbourhood,
1. Lets start with a nice drone shot of the new Brent Cross West Station (and a little advanced warning that we'll be covering this in more detail later in the week)
2. A big shout out to these wonderful people. Don't let anyone tell you we don't have a fantastic community here
Brilliant turn out today! More than 30 volunteers of all ages joined forces to keep the Welsh Harp looking clean and green! Found any sort of litter, collected over 70 bags of rubbish. It's been a great community effort! 👏🏻Thanks everyone!🌿🚮 pic.twitter.com/UYlsDTXsoz— Friends of the Welsh Harp (@welshharpies) May 15, 2021
3. I love this tweet. I can recall the picture being taken, it caused quite a stir. The Kwan Yin made a big play of being the first Chinese restaurant outside of the West End. (note the actress is Imogen Hassell).
August 8th 1970, & actress Imogen Halsall is sitting on the grass at Simmond's Mead, Mill Hill to celebrate the 12th year of the Kwan Yin Restaurant. Various celebrities attended the event that day. The restaurant went onto become the Good Earth.— NW London TimeMachine (@time_nw) May 15, 2021
Keystone/Alamy image. pic.twitter.com/8MhvVQSqCR
4. Interesting tweet on the abandoned Railway works to the north of Edgware Station
The abandoned London Underground line that would have connected to Hertfordshire https://t.co/L30HPizDZJ— 🌹 Rosie Greene 😷 #RipOffNUIG #FreeBritney (@cnbcwatcher90) May 16, 2021
5. A little bit of old Colindale history
6. Wish I'd known these fine people were at the station when I visited yesterday. What a fine job they do
7. If you are an EU citizen living in the UK, it is vital that you do this as time is running out
If you’re an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen or their family member living in the UK (resident in the UK by 31 December 2020), you have less than 50 days to apply to the EU #SettlementScheme. Apply today at: https://t.co/Mf33rHLTmf pic.twitter.com/ukIKQZ5kyE— Barnet Council (@BarnetCouncil) May 16, 2021
8. A fascinating tweet from the Mill Hill Historic Society
At the bottom of Highwood Hill where it turns into Lawrence Street near the green by the Forge some vegetation has been cleared away for a development revealing an Anderson air raid shelter - see it before it's removed! pic.twitter.com/ITN0mL4wJr— Mill Hill Hist Soc (@MHHistSoc) May 13, 2021
9. A little bit of Hendon history
10. A Mill Hill Landmark disappeared this week. We do hope he comes back soon!
Looks like St Joseph is going on a little trip, be careful boys it's the most iconic statue that looks over Mill Hill pic.twitter.com/wlojUgfSpM— Inside Mill Hill (@InsideMillHill) May 10, 2021
That's all folks.