Saturday 6 December 2008

Are the Daily Mail Still Nazi sympathisers?

Sometimes I read something so crass and repulsive that words fail me. I spotted this item in the Daily Mail
Hitler was the perfect boss: Former maid breaks her silence on the 'charming' dictator


It was well known in the 1930's that the Rothemere family, who owned the Mail were Nazi sympathisers, but I honestly thought they had seen the error of their ways. It doesn't surprise me that a naive young girl could be taken in by this monster who was responsible for the deaths of tens of millions. What does surprise me is that The Daily Mail prints an article trying to humanise such a monster. The world needs to be reminded about the consequences of this man and his policies. We need to be shown what happens when people follow the path of hate. An attempt, such as this, to portray him as a "very nice man" is totally repulsive to me. As to his interpersonal skills with young women. All of the women with whom he was romantically linked committed suicide. The man was an evil monster. End of Story.

Shame on the Mail for printing this. I hope people see their true colours, especially their Jewish readers.

1 comment:

Don't Call Me Dave said...

Rog

The short answer to your question is “No”!

The article certainly didn’t offend me and I didn’t see it as being sympathetic to Hitler or Nazism. It portrayed a pathetic deluded woman who has chosen to ignore the evil sadistic side of her former employer.

I actually think it is quite helpful to publish stories like this to demonstrate just how gullible some people are and how easily they are taken in. It should serve as a warning that we must be ever vigilant to the threat of fascists and extremism.