Tuesday 18 August 2009

The Barnet Eye Challenge !!!!

The Barnet Eye is always one to put it's money where it's mouth is. Today we announce the Barnet Eye Challenge. There is a great prize on offer - A Pot Noodle dinner for Two at Mill Hill Music Complex whilst watching the Mighty False Dots (my band), Mill Hill's finest Rock and Roll band in a rehearsal. How could you possibly resist that treat.

The challenge is a simple one. Since the Tories got in, my Council Tax has gone up by nearly £1,000 a year. If anyone can tell me what what extra things I'm getting for my £1,000 a year, then you win. How much have Council workers wages gone up since then (front line workers, not directors or Councillors allowances?). In the words of the song -Where has all the money gone?

2 comments:

Don't Call Me Dave said...

Maybe your increased council tax goes towards the £103,000 annual subscription which Barnet pays to be a member of the Local Government Association (LGA). The LGA has just awarded an allowance of over £10,000 to Brian Coleman to stick in his ever expanding trough.

zwanzig20 said...

A nice new bridge you can drive a lorry under on Aerodrome Road, A nice country lane called Partingdale I can drive my lorry down and at least our Mayor will never have to lower himself and use public transport.

Now, make mine a Bombay Bad Boy and I'll see you in rehearsal!