Saturday 3 October 2009

Brian Coleman and Richard Barnbrook

As it's saturday, I thought I'd put the spotlight on London's two disgraced assembly members. Both of these rather naughty chappies have been found guilty of failing to discharge their duties in an appropriate manner. Both of them appear to have told a few porkies along the way.


Here's an example of Colemans porkies. This is one he told about me attending Residents forum meetings in Barnet. There are 18 of these a year in Barnet. I've been to 3 in my life. Coleman said this to a standards investigator in an interview (see clipping below from his witness statement). He was trying to portray me as an obsessive opponent. For the record, the last meeting I went to was to complain about the state of the youth football pitches at Burnt Oak leisure centre. The deputy mayor was there and he agreed to take a look and do something. (you can find a few more examples of Colemanporks by clicking HERE)

And here's a what naughty old BNP Barnbrook's been up to :-

http://torytroll.blogspot.com/2009/09/richard-barnbrook-suspended-for-murder.html

Earlier in the year, I was rather surprised to read this report in Totally Jewish, detailing how Brian Coleman had boycotted a holocaust memorial service, arranged by the GLA. The reason for the boycott? The organisers felt that seating Barnbrook who's BNP leader has in the past denied the holocaust, should not be seated at the front with victims of the holocaust. To me the concept of even allowing a senior politician from the party which is Britains version of the Nazi party to attend a holocaust memorial is repugnant, let alone allowing him to sit at the front. Brian Coleman saw things different. He boycotted the service to stand up for Barnbrook's right as an elected BNP member to attend and sit at the front. Here's the full story.

http://www.totallyjewish.com/news/world/c-11069/shoah-memorial-day-marred-by-disputes/

Whilst there are a few big differences between Brian Coleman and Richard Barnbrook, it seems to me that there is one rather big similarity. They can, shall we say, be rather economical with the truth when it suits them. My dear old dad used to often say "If a man cannot be trusted in small things, how can you trust them in big things".



I don't believe that there is any place in public life for people who have been shown to be completely untrustworthy. I don't care whether they are BNP, Tory Lib-dem or Labour, if you can't trust them they shouldn't be doing the job. There are lots of Tory councillors in Barnet, who I think are honest and trustworthy, even if I disagree with them. John Hart, Fiona Bulmer, Andrew Harper to name a few, are people who strike me as honest and decent - there are plenty of others.

The reason I seek to highlight these two individuals, Conservative Coleman and BNP Barnbrook is this. The BNP use Brian Coleman as an example of a politician who behaves badly. They say, "we are different, we are clean. Vote for us and sweep the likes of Coleman away". As you can see, Barnbrook shows that the BNP are a completely dishonest bunch. A couple of Tory Councillors have let me know that privately they are appalled by Brian Coleman's behaviour. That is the difference. Coleman is a bad apple in the barrel. The BNP is a barrel full of bad apples. If you don't want to vote Tory because of Brian Coleman, don't vote for a mob that are 10 times worse.

No comments: