Saturday 10 October 2009

What the HALO is all this about?

Got an email from a reader who said "Why don't you ever say anything about HALO". The honest answer, because for whatever reason, the campaign rather passed me by. I wasn't really aware of it.

People seem to think that I'm anti everything that Barnet Council does. They assume I know all about every campaign in Barnet. This really isn't the case. I just speak on subjects which concern me. I had a look at the HALO campaign website. They are concerned about the street lighting replacement contract in Barnet. They also have links to other campaigns, such as the sheltered housing campaigns.

I'm all for local campaigns and I think it is good when people organise to improve the community, which is what HALO are doing. It's just that I genuinely don't really understand what their beef with the council is. Clearly some lamp post replacements have been put in silly places etc and these should be changed, but I'm really not sure I understand the "big issue" which the campaign are upset about. Maybe it's me being a bit dyslexic & thick.

I'd love to hear from HALO so they can clarify exactly what their beef is. They are welcome to submit a guest blog here so that all the readers of the Barnet Eye can see what they think. I'm not passing any judgements here on the merits of this campaign, I just don't really get it.

No comments: