Saturday 12 December 2009

Brunswick Park and the changing face of Barnet Politics


It was anticipated that there would be a bit of interest in the fact that I was announced as candidate for the Lib Dems during the week. It's fair to say that this blog has attracted a bit of attention to me and a lot of people who aren't natural Lib Dems have pledged to support me, some overtly and some covertly, at the next election.

What wasn't anticipated in the least, and what consumed an inordinate amount of time was the number of natural Conservatives who contacted me yesterday from Brunswick Park ward to say that they cannot possibly vote for Lynne Hillan or Andreas Tambourides and asking if we'd like them to deliver leaflets etc. As a result, Brunswick Park has risen to the Lib Dem no 1 target seat (where we have no existing councillors). Quite a few have said that they will continue to vote for Lisa Rutter, to show that they are still, at heart, Conservatives. Basically they will lend us their vote for this election, for two of the three seats, to show they are sick and tired of what has been going on at the Town hall and Hillan and Tambourides antics.

If you live in Brunswick Park and want a change and you want to help this happen, please CLICK HERE to send me an email and I'll get in touch to tell you how you can help us. It might be by delivering a few leaflets, it might be by putting up a poster. Every little helps and the only way you can make things happen is by doing something. I hadn't really anticipated much involvement with the politics of Brunswick Park, but when a Tory tells you "we've got to do something about Hillan. Please help", then you have to listen. I'm just pleased that people seem to trust me enough to bother to get in touch. I hope this little blog today is the start of a change in Brunswick Park.

No comments: