Wednesday 9 December 2009

A degree in the bleedin' obvious

So why may you ask, have I decided to quit the Labour Party and join the Lib Dems. Well sorry to disappoint anyone looking for a lengthy explanation here, but I'd need a degree in the bleedin' obvious to write the reasons down. Let's just say that two of the biggest reasons for the switch were the abolition of the 10p tax rate, which really hit the poorest, and the proposal to part-privatise the Post office.

As to why I'm standing to be a Councillor? Again, I'm not going to write a long boring lengthy blog. Let me just ask you to watch this youtube clip. When you do, imagine that the other diners are Barnet's residents, John Cleese (the head waiter) are the Barnet Tory Councillors and Mr Creosote (the rather large star of the show) are Barnet Councils finances.


I'm standing because I want to stop that "one last waffer thin mint" being consumed. By the way, any likeness between Councillor Brian Coleman and anyone featured in the clip is purely coincidental.

No comments: