Saturday 26 March 2011

TUC March 26th March - The Barnet Contingent


As I'm sure you are aware, there is a TUC organised march against the CUTS in London with a rally in Hyde Park. I couldn't make it as my son was taking part in his end of term Concert at the Finchley Music Centre and my daughter is laid up awaiting an operation for a ruptured crucuiate ligament. I promised John Burgess, the UNISON branch secretary that I'd keep the world posted on the Barnet chapter of the march.

John excitedly called just as the concert was finishing to tell me that he was over the moon. 500 +  residents from Barnte had turned up at the various meeting points. He said most of them were readers of the blog. John sent these pictures for us stuck at base, to give us a flavour of the efforts people have put in. I'm there with you in spirit. I have a busy day. Got a really arduous task - review the new album by the Undertones for a music website. It's a collection of their hit singles (and B sides). Seems strangely apt listenening to "Emergency Cases" as I write this.




No comments: