Getting back to normal after Xmas and the New Year for me. Band rehearsal on Weds (Very good session), five a side on Thursday, curry on Friday. I always have two weeks off drinking at the start of the year, so relatively quiet though, apart from a few nice walks with the doggies.
But that's enough of my week. How has your week been and even more importantly, what have our local tweeters been up to? IMHO there has been some good stuff out there this week.
1. Lets start in Edgware with perhaps the oldest picture I've seen of the High St. I love this
Edgware High Road London 1890 pic.twitter.com/WPWDt3ODgy— Historygirl (@janeyellene) January 4, 2022
2. Good things happening in Colindale
3. Whilst we are in Colindale, if you are in or around Colindale and fancy some live music tomorrow, check this out
4. Many of us remember this place
Cricklewood Broadway, 1980, spoilt for choice. pic.twitter.com/GF2h0Nq0Nr— AltLondonTours (@FlipLondonTours) January 5, 2022
5. This was probably the highlight of my week, a trip up to Harpenden to watch our local team win followed by some amazing fish and chips! This was a superb goal
88’ GOALLL ..and it’s what we’ve deserved, Edwards crosses to Ofori to put us 2-0 up— Hadley FC (@hadleyfc) January 3, 2022
HAR 0-2 HAD pic.twitter.com/wXM1cFis3m
6. This tweet and the comments show the very best side of Twitter
Eagle-eyed @Lee_Limerick has passed on this great little @BritishPathe snippet from the very early 1970s. Its the A1 near Mill Hill, and the K showroom and garage, (now @westwaynissan) https://t.co/PqMeuTwzac pic.twitter.com/dJNkwCIxip— NW London TimeMachine (@time_nw) January 4, 2022
7. If you want to learn about our local flora and fauna, I can think of no better way to start
Dry January? pic.twitter.com/DSRJnuXsT6— A Better Mill Hill 🔸🌈🇬🇧🇪🇺 (@ABetterMillHill) January 9, 2022
9. As ever, the wonderful Mill Hill Historical Society are posting wonderful tweets!
10. Drummers will understand!
That's all folks, have a good week!