I've had a pretty frustrating week. Our wonderful internet provider has ceased our business internet, due to a cock up and have been unable to restart it. This has caused a lot of problems for me, both in business and blogging. I do hope your week has been less frustrating. Without further ado, here is our round up of what our local tweeters have been up to.
1. Lets start with our fave Rugby club and one of our favourite restaurants. These are both pillars of the Mill Hill Community
We as a business and family, have been supporting local, national and international causes since our founder Lil opened his first business in the early 70s. 4 decades later we are still heavily in involved! #livinglegends #giving @MHHistSoc @Barneteye @MillHillRFC pic.twitter.com/kEoqvr1ecs— Day Of The Raj (@dayoftheraj) April 8, 2022
2. After three years, it's back, with an absolutely blinding gig at our favourite Golf Club
Get your tickets ASAP, they are selling like hot cakes! https://t.co/7A1e4HSHjh— #MillHillMusicComplex (@MillHillMusicCo) April 10, 2022
3. As ever brilliant tweeting from the Mill Hill Historical Society
The history of Burnt Oak, 1860 - 1960— Mill Hill Hist Soc (@MHHistSoc) April 5, 2022
A fantastic and comprehensive history of the neighbourhood from fields to suburbia from Barnet Archiveshttps://t.co/0mL3BhgOpI
4. Nice bit of Cricklewood history, I think we all love a crisp!
5. That's not Vinny Jones, that's Skinner and Twitch and they look wonderful. Check them out
Mon 11th April - Skinner & T'witch(@SkinnerTwitch) will be performing at @ColindaleFolk @ChandosArmsPub. https://t.co/KJvR0vZxtZ Free entry, friendly pub. The floor spots start at 8:30 p.m. pic.twitter.com/9gzjIQIyvo— Colindale Folk Club (@ColindaleFolk) April 2, 2022
6. If there was a more wonderful picture of our neighbourhood taken this week, I certainly haven't seen it
7. What more could you possibly want!
8. These guys deserve a shout out. Wonderful work!
APROX 300 Easter Eggs collected by the @BarnetWft @HiveTrust for @StonegroveCT Food Bank bringing a smile to a child over Easter This incredible haul is being shared out between St Peter's Church,FUSE youth project & Colindale Community Trust making an enormous difference to many pic.twitter.com/hGrHb0NpNf— Barnet WFT (@BarnetWft) April 9, 2022
9. On occasion I would play football for The Royal Scot in the Hendon and District Sunday League. I recall one massive punch up with Cygen FC during a pre season 'friendly', I miss it
The Happy Eater restaurant at Apex Corner, Mill Hill, in the 1980s. The building had been converted from the 1950s pub, 'The Royal Scot'. (1/4)— NW London TimeMachine (@time_nw) April 28, 2020
Image by David Howard on Flickr https://t.co/DgelbWfHTd pic.twitter.com/f6160S2S6D
10. And lets finish with a wonderful date for your diary
All welcome at our next event. Details below 👇 pic.twitter.com/4H1LQ8K3tD— Friends Of Hendon Grove (@hendon_grove) April 10, 2022
That's all folks!